"I think your dad will come. Even if your mom isn't there. If you change your mind you can always invite her." Daniel cups my face, forcing me to look up to him.
"I won't change my mind. She will only make drama and I want our day to be about us, not about her." Grace is more a mother to me than my own, I'm sure she will support me during preparations and the day itself.

"I wish we could call your parents, but it's the middle of the night there. We can call them in a couple of hours." I decide as the time difference is 16 hours, so it's 12.30 here in LA which means it's 4.30 in the morning in Perth. No matter how I would love to tell Grace and Joe right now. We aren't going to wake them up for this.
I see Lewis coming up to me. He has been standing in the back a bit.
"I'm really happy for you Sky, you two are made for each other." He smiles, but his eyes don't really match his smile.

"What's wrong Lewis? You smile, but I can tell something is bothering you." I ask him, forcing him to look at me with my hand under his chin.
"I guess I just want what the two of you have. But I just haven't found anybody to share my life with yet. My career has always been my number one priority and now I'm 37 and I don't see anything changing soon. But that's ok. I am truly happy for you."
I really feel for him, because I know he could make somebody truly happy, but I also know his racing will stay his first priority until he retires and he's not planning that yet.

"I believe there's somebody out there for you. You just have to keep your heart and mind open for the opportunity." He wraps his arms around me and I lean against him, hoping to make him feel better.
"Thanks Sky, you've become one of my best friends. Congratulations with your engagement. Are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with that crazy dude?"
I'm glad his humor is coming back. "Yeah no doubt in my mind."
"That's all that matters." This time he smiles with his eyes as well.

"Lewis, can we maybe have Roscoe bring in the rings?" I ask him. I think that would be so funny and I adore that dog.
"He would be so proud. Of course he can."
I can already see Roscoe with a little tie walking down the aisle.
"Ok and then one more important question." I'm secretly crossing my fingers behind my back.
"I'm not very close to my father. I mean we are close, but it's not like a strong father daughter bond. And with my brother it's fine, but also not that tight that I would want to ask him to do this."

"What is it? Just ask." He raises his eyebrow.
"Would you mind walking me down the aisle? You're a very special friend and I would be so proud walking next to you as I'm about to get married."
His jaw drops and I can see tears forming in his eyes.
"Please don't cry. You don't have to if you don't want to."
"No that's not it. I'm absolutely honored to walk you down the aisle and hand you over to Daniel. I just never thought you would want me rather than your family."

"Oh thank you, so that's a yes?" I ask him to be sure.
"That's a definite yes." He only has a split second to catch me as I throw myself into his arms.
"Thank you so much!"
We hug for a bit until Daniel asks me if I want to call my family and the girls.
"Let's do that."
I ring Bri, as it's the weekend I'm sure she and Jenna are together getting ready to go out.

I turn on FaceTime and after 3 rings I see both of their faces on my phone.
"Hey there stranger, how are you? And how is Daniel doing?" Bri asks me. I can tell they are indeed doing their hair and make up for a night of clubbing.
"I'm good and Daniel is getting better each day, right babe?"
Daniel gets behind me so they can also see him.
"Ah thank god, I'm glad you're doing better." Jen says as she is curling her hair.
Not very subtle I start to scratch my nose so my ring is very visible on the camera.