53. Common Ground

-Arie-

I groan as I slowly become aware of light on my eye lids.

It's morning already?

I slowly open my eyes. I'm surprised to see Trish and I are in the same position but somehow his whole head is beneath my shirt and further up my torso.

I look up at the sound of someone clearing their throat.

Caleb is leaning against the door frame watching us.

A lot of questions go through my mind at once.

"What-

Caleb lifts his finger to his lips gesturing for me to keep quiet as he looks to Trish.

I nod slowly.

"Coffee?" He mouths and I nod again.

He turns and walks away and I blink after him as my mind still processes his sudden appearance.

I ask myself how he even got in then I remember I made him a spare key.

Trish had given it to him for a reason and I felt bad he gave me his.

Also Trish was right it's super annoying how he knocks. He pounds loudly in a rhythmic beat while making beat boxing noises with his mouth.

I slide my body out slowly from beneath Trish's head while moving a pillow to take my place.

"How do you like your coffee?" Caleb asks I meet him in the kitchen.

"Cream and sugar." I tell him as he busies himself preparing two mugs.

As he does that I head to my room to locate my phone.

I'm surprised it's almost 11:30am.

Trish and I went to bed fairly early and still slept like fourteen hours.

I know he was exhausted but I'm surprised I didn't wake up. I guess it's residual from my two day fuckfeast with Caleb.

I contemplate all of this as I quickly head to brush my teeth and wash my face.

When I get back to the kitchen Caleb has already sipping from his mug while mine waits for me on the island.

I walk over step up onto my tip toes and quickly peck him against his lips.

He smiles at me ad I reach for my mug.

"Let's sit on the balcony." I tell him as I turn to lead the way.

I attempt a sip from my mug. I notice it's steaming and think better of it.

I step out the door first and take a seat on the small deck couch.

Caleb closes the door behind him and takes a seat across me.

I watch him carefully as he sips his coffee.

"That must have looked really confusing to you." I say after a minute or two.

"Is he not sleeping again?"

"You knew?"

"What?"

"That he has nightmares."

"I didn't before he said it but I surmised that he had some sleep related issue."

"How?"

"On and off he has headaches, and dark circles. Not to mention his energy drink habit. He always brushes me off when I try to talk to him about it."