10. Playing Straight

-Arie-

"Pitiful," Bryce mumbles as he scans the rack of shorts.

"Stop it. Do you think I wanted that to happen?"

"What kind of southern belle are you? Isn't there some proverb about not giving the milk away for free?"

I frown as I pull a pair of dark denim shorts.

"You're just lucky you share a wall with the guest bedroom and not your little sisters room no need to tarnish her innocence."

I stop and turn abruptly to face him, "Was I that loud?"

"More, More. Fuck me harder Tee," he mimics in a breathy moaning tone.

My entire face gets hot.

"That is so fucking embarrassing!"

"Aren't you glad your parents bedroom is down stairs? Breakfast would have been unbearably awkward."

"I couldn't help it. It's been more than a year since I was fucked." I pout.

"I can't complain too much it got me so hot that Dean and I had some pretty decent phone sex."

"Eww."

"Eww yourself Porn star. I mean really Arie who moans like that?"

"You say that cause you have never seen Tees dick, and he just stuck it in hardly prepped me or anything at first."

"Why did you do it? It took you over a year to heal enough to face him again."

"He was suddenly touching and kissing me. I didn't have time to think. I hadn't realized just how much my body yearned for him until I was in his arms."

"Hmm, Romantic." He says sardonically.

"But that's just it Bryce. He was romantic. More romantic than he ever was before. He literally kissed the bottoms of my feet and pampered me in a way that he never has."

"Of course he did. You took yourself away and he missed you. That's how guys are, but when you give yourself away too easily you take away the opportunity for him to really earn you."

"What do you mean?"

"Which do you cherish more an object just handed freely or something you work for with blood, sweat, and tears?"

"Something earned the hard way."

"Exactly. Let him earn you, let him woo you. Don't just run back in to his arms. I promise he will get complacent and forget that he ever lost you."

"Really?"

"Yes really. He really hurt you Arie, broke you to pieces. Give yourself time to heal completely. Go to school, date and enjoy your life. There is no rush. I promise if it's meant to be it will be. Like a chess game both of you will move into the position you're meant to. Healed and ready to accept each others love."

I let Bryce's words sink in as I walk slowly between the full racks of clothes.

Bryce tosses another spring dress into the cart and I frown.

"Stop filling the cart with only girls clothes. I need boys clothes for school too."

"Ugh Why?" He sneers.

"Because I rather not be the victim of a hate crime. I'm barely 18."
I snap as I pull some dresses from the cart and put them back on the rack.