35. Tucked

-Caleb-

Fuck, I think to myself as Arie leads me up the stairs by my hand.

The baggy ass clothes that she decided to wear today obstruct my view of all things. But I have imagination I stare at her little peach butt while she takes the stairs.

I get the urge to swoop her up to bed but I let her take lead instead. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll get further that way.

Once inside my bedroom Arie leads me to the bed but I still don't let myself get too excited.

She guides me to sit at the edge of the bed.

I sit back to watch her as she watches me.

"Want me to tuck you in now?" I ask and she chuckles.

After a  minute she steps up onto my bed and sits on my lap with a curious look on her face. I lay back waiting to see where this will go.

"What?" I ask when nothing happens besides her chewing on her bottom lip

"I just realized I never been in charge before."

I slip my hands beneath my head and watch her tentative expression.

"Can I ask you something? It might help you decide."

She runs her nails through her curls with a huff.

"What?"

"Is it about me?"

Aries eyebrows furrow.
"What do mean?"

"Are you sitting on me cause you want to be on my lap or are you trying to forget someone else?"

Aries eyes go big before she drops her head forward to hide her face in my chest.

Minutes go by before she answers. But every few seconds her huge eyes peak up at me from behind her hands.
So freaking cute.

"How did you know?" She asks finally.

"What?"

"That there was someone else."

I take a deep breath as my eyes lift to the ceiling.
"I never saw Tee have such razor focus."

I feel her head snap up to look at me and I lower my gaze to meet....hmm, green eyes.

"Why you talking about him?"

"He's the one. The other guy."

-Arie-

"Don't look like that?" He says as he takes hold of both my arms and pulls me forward. He slides me further up his chest so easily.

I hide my face in my hands as he kisses me on the top of my head.

"How did you know?"

"The way his eyes follow you around every room. It can't be mistaken...he's possessive."

I look up at him.
"It's not what you think. He's just selfish."

"What's the difference?"

"Possessive is wanting something for yourself. Selfish is not wanting anyone else to have it even to the detriment of me...the thing. He doesn't really love me. He just doesn't want me to walk away from him. If he was truly possessive how could I be with you this way?"

He seems to consider that.
"And you?"

" I do love him. But I owe him more."

"Owe him what?"