51. Bath time

-Trish-

I'm watching T. V on the couch when I hear Arie finally come out.

The moment we got back from the pharmacy he closed himself inside his room with my pills and car keys basically grounding me.

I guess I could call an Uber and head to the gym but my body is exhausted.

What I definitely won't do is try to take them from him again.

What a fucking lunatic.
I had almost forgotten how crazy he could be.

When we were younger whenever Arie felt like I was taking advantage of our size difference he would go Tasmanian Devil on me. To be honest I'm a little scared of him when he's like that.

He only acts up cause he knows I don't want to hurt him. The same is not said for him- he would hurt me and enjoy it greatly.

Arie has always been scrappy which makes what happened with Trent bug me endlessly. The bastard  must have really terrified and hurt him.

I get the urge frequently to go back over there and bash his brains in. As each day passes the temporary relief of breaking his fingers is wearing away.

Fucking Caleb took my tire iron.

My head is throbbing more than ever.

Fucking Arie pulled a handful of my hair out by the root.

I hear the sound of him opening a trash bag then the fridge. Then the sound of him dropping something heavy onto the floor over and over.

I sit up to look but I can't see what's he's doing.

I stand from the couch and head into the kitchen.

Arie is kneeling onto the floor dropping my energy drinks into a trash bag.

"What are you doing? I just bought those."

"They're trash now. I told you a hundred times not to drink this shit." He says as he drops more cans into the bag and they clunk against the other cans.

He drops that last few cans in and ties the bag.

"Take these out and throw them down the trash chute." He says as he tries to move the bag and fails.

I sigh in defeat. I don't have enough energy already and now he's tossing my energy drinks.

"Seriously? Why the hell are you being such a nuisance when my head is throbbing?" I ask deflated.

I have literally no strength to deal with this.

I rub at my temple as I realize even the kitchen light hurts my sensitive eyes.

I didn't know Arie moved until he is pulling my hand from my face.

"Is the light still hurting your eyes?" He asks.

"Yeah."

He takes a step and reaches to flick the switch turning off the bright overhead light. The sun has already set so the only light is coming from the inside of the fridge.

Suddenly Arie takes my face in his hands forcing me to meet his gaze.

"Better?" He asks.

I slowly nod.

He then lifts his left hand from my cheek to place it against my forehead.

"You used to always get a cold when you couldn't sleep. Do you feel sick?" He asks with furrowed brows.