Stupid Decisions

Beth was lucky to escape with Daryl

Beth was lucky to escape with Daryl. She was glad it was him. But she was worried.

She was worried about Maggie, Tyler, Olivia, Judith, Finn, Carl and everyone else who may have made it from the prison. Beth and Olivia were friends, after Theo had died Beth made it her mission to try and be a good friend to Olivia and she succeeded in that. Beth knew that Olivia could survive, she'd killed more people and Walkers than most.

But she also knew she couldn't be alone. When Olivia lost someone, those people would stay with her for a long time. She wouldn't get over it so soon. She still grieved Lori, T-Dog, Andrea, Theo, Shane and now Hershel.

Maybe she didn't cry, Olivia Walsh had her own way of grieving. She would go and kill Walkers, she'd leave the prison and just sit and listen to the world. She would flip her knife around, something that endlessly impressed everyone that watched her.

"You think the others made it? Maggie and Ty made it, they're strong. So's Olivia, she definitely made it." Beth said as she sat on the porch of the cabin, her knees pulled to her chest.

Daryl was standing by the window near her as he said, "If she's alone, she ain't gon' make it."

Beth quickly looked up at him, "Why would you say that? I thought you cared about her?"

"I care about her, just like I cared about your dad, look what happened."

Beth stood up, "Why do you say things like that? My dad was strong, Olivia is stron-"

Daryl cut Beth off almost shouting, "And look what happened to him! Olivia gets bad when someone dies. She's gonna do some dumb shit to try and find someone and get herself killed. You know it and I know it."

"Daryl shut up!"

"Nah, you listen. I can say this because I know Olivia. I know her better than you because I was her at one point. Lost everything and I made stupid decisions that almost got me killed...we're the same person. If she's alone, she ain't gon' make it."

. . . . . . . . . . .

It had been nearly a week and a half since the fall of the prison. Olivia, JJ and Kiana were on and off the tracks, but they continued their journey to Terminus.

It was supposed to be a safe place, for everyone. That's what the sign said. Olivia didn't trust it. She wouldn't trust it unless she saw it. The only reason she was risking taking the kids to that place was that's where she would find Tyler, Rick, Carl, Beth, Glenn, Daryl, Maggie, Sasha and the rest of her people.

She knew there were still good people in the world. She just didn't know if the good survived the bad anymore.

Derek and Luna the two people that took in JJ and Kiana before she did, they were good people and they were killed.

Olivia's people were the good ones. People like Philip Blake and Merle Dixon were the bad ones. But now, in the world that they lived in now the good rarely survived the bad. The good people like Andrea, Theo, Hershel they didn't survive the bad people. Her father didn't survive the bad person that was inside of him.

But as much as she tried to get it out of her head.

Olivia was angry again.

As much as she tried to keep it away from the kids she was angry, someone had come in, taken her home, killed her friends, killed Hershel. Back then she was only slightly angry but she knew exactly how to push it down, she dealt with it, with Tyler.

But now loosing the prison, loosing Hershel, being separated from her group. She was more than angry. She had killed people before. Her first human kill was someone from Woodbury which she hadn't thought much of. What she considered her first proper human kill was the sniper that the Governor had put in one of the guard towers at the prison.

She hadn't even thought twice about killing him.

One day she would kill someone not save her own life or someone else's. But because she would make a stupid decision, like everyone knew she would.

She wasn't going to put JJ and Kiana at risk, she kept watch most of the time. She was sitting up against a tree flipping her knife around. Kiana was asleep on her mat.

"Can you teach me that?"

Olivia stopped flipping the knife and saw JJ standing in front of her, she didn't even hear him stand up from his mat, "Maybe I'll each you when you're bigger, you okay, bud?"

"Can't sleep."

Olivia nodded, "Sucks doesn't it?" JJ nodded. The voices of Shane had died down slightly but that didn't stop the nightmares that came occasionally, "You want to sit with me?"

JJ walked forwards and sat down next to Olivia, "Listen. Trust is a two way street, if I'm asking it from you then you're getting it from me, okay? I need you to trust me, cause it's you, me and Kie now. We're the ones that matter, we gotta protect each other. I can't do that if you don't tell me your name."

She knew his name, Kiana knew that she knew JJ's name. Olivia just needed to know that he trusted her enough to tell her himself.

"JJ."

Olivia smiled, "Well JJ. It's very nice to meet you. Come here." She moved her arm out and JJ moved into her side, "How about we try that sleep thing again, huh? Can't teach you to flip a knife if you're half asleep now can I?"

"Really?" JJ asked as he looked up at her

Olivia laughed and nodded, "Even kids have to know how to defend themselves."

JJ looked over to Kiana who was still asleep on her mat next to the fire, "Not her...I'll protect her, she's my sister."

"All right then, that's a deal. I'll protect you, you protect her. That sound good?" Olivia asked and JJ nodded

Thank you for reading

JJ, Kiana and Olivia are one of the cutest families ever. The kids are what are keeping Olivia from completely snapping and I am here for it.

Also, we know that Daryl is missing Olivia but he won't admit it

Comment and Vote :)