Sinking Feeling

Dale's funeral was the next morning

Dale's funeral was the next morning. Olivia was standing next to Shane and Tyler. Theo and Andrea were holding each others arms, they became close because of Dale which was something that they wouldn't forget any time soon.

"Dale could...could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave. Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale. He'd be looking back at me with that look he had."

Olivia looked down she knew the exact look Rick was talking about, she hated the look but she would
give anything to see it again if it meant he wouldn't die. He didn't deserve to go the way he did.

"We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us...The truth...Who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives...Our safety...our future. We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on...We're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale."

. . . . . . . .

After the funeral everyone was gathered by the vehicles, "It'll be tight, 19 people in one house." Rick said

Hershel shook his head, "Don't worry about that. With the swamp hardening, the creek drying up..."

"With 50 head of cattle on the property, we might as well be ringing a damn dinner bell." Maggie added

"She's right. We should've moved you in a while ago." Hershel said

Rick nodded as he started to order people around, "All right, let's move the vehicles near each of the doors facing out toward the road. Just leave it there. We'll build a lookout in the windmill, another in the barn loft. That should give us sightlines both sides of the property. T-Dog, you take the perimeter around the house. Keep track of everyone coming and going."

"What about standing guard?" T-Dog asked

"I need you and Daryl on double duty." Rick said

T-Dog nodded as he walked off, "Gotcha."