No One's the Same

"Do you think they'll find anything?" Olivia asked as she, Finn and Theo were sitting at the side of the road waiting for Daryl and Rick to get back

"Do you think they'll find anything?" Olivia asked as she, Finn and Theo were sitting at the side of the road waiting for Daryl and Rick to get back. For once Tyler wasn't sitting with them, he was with his family.

"Like what?" Finn asked

Olivia shrugged, "Somewhere to stay permanently."

"I hope so. I'm not sure I can take Carl trying to eat dog food one more time." Finn chuckled

Olivia looked over to one of the cars where Lori was sitting in, "Lori really needs to settle down, baby has got to be here soon."

Theo looked at her, "You know it's not really your problem, right?"

"Doesn't mean I don't worry about her."

Theo nodded, "I'm not saying you shouldn't care. You should, you need to care. Caring is good but you're looking after her more than anybody here, it's not your job. It's Rick's. Or if we're pushing it Hershel 'cause he's the doctor. It doesn't fall on your shoulders."

Olivia knew that they were right, but sometimes Lori needed a woman. There were things that Rick, Carl and even Hershel wouldn't understand. Daryl and Rick then walked back to the road. Rick looked more positive than he had been for the last eight months, and Daryl looked more sceptical than positive but it was hard to read Daryl at the best of times, though Olivia was getting significantly better at it.

"I have a plan." Rick announced causing everyone to walk over to him, "We came across a prison. Huge fences, even bigger walls, a yard, watch towers and ground that would be just right for crops. It's perfect, there are Walkers, looks like it got overrun before they could get everyone out but we can take them. We can make it ours."

There were looks of all emotions from around the group. Most of them were unsure. Everyone needed somewhere to permanently stay, somewhere they wouldn't have to watch their backs and live off a couple of hours of sleep each night. Everyone was hungry and tired no one was really up for taking on a herd of Walkers

"I know what you're thinking, it's going to be hard. It will. But we can do it, I know we can. If we want it enough we can."

There was never going to be another option, Rick didn't even need to ask for opinions, that wasn't his style anymore. They took the vehicles down to the road just outside the gates then went on foot. Rick cut the fence with wire cutters and opened a gap for everyone to climb through. There was a smaller perimeter of fence that ran around the yard, like an extra layer. Once inside, Glenn tied up the hole in the fence with some wire.

Walkers shuffled towards them, but they got stopped by the gates, "It's perfect. If we can shut the gate, and prevent more from filling the yard, we can pick off these Walkers. We'll take the field by tonight."

"So how do we shut the gate?" Hershel asked

Glenn began to give the things he was carrying to the people around him, "I'll go it, you guys cover me."

Maggie instantly refused, "No it's a suicide run."

"I'm the fastest." Glenn pointed out

Rick shook his head, "No. You, Maggie, Beth, Finn and Theo draw as many as you can over there." He pointed to the fence at the far right of the prison, "Pop them through the fence. Daryl goes back to that tower. Carol you've become a good shot take your time; we don't have a lot of ammo to waste. Hershel and Carl, you take this tower." Rick pointed to another tower, "Olivia, Tyler you take that tower."

Tyler nodded, "Alright."

"I'll run for the gate." Rick said as everyone ran to their positions

The group at the gate drew the Walkers towards them by shouting and hitting the fence. Lori opened the door for Rick and he ran towards the prison, shooting the Walkers that got in his way.

Olivia, Tyler, Carol, Hershel, Daryl and Carl were shooting Walkers that got too close to Rick, "You think about shooting Rick?" Tyler asked

Olivia looked at him, "Don't tempt me. "

Rick got to the top gate and fastened it shut with a chain blocking the field off from the Walkers that were in the courtyard, "Light it up!" Daryl shouted

Tyler slightly smiled, "Hell yeah."

The pair started shooting the remaining Walkers from their tower as did Daryl, Carol, Carl and Hershel.

When they all made it into the field everyone's energy levels had gone up a the thought of a real home, "Maybe my back problems will be fixed by a real bed." Finn stretched his arms above his head and Theo made a face when his back cracked

"It's not your sleeping habits that are the problem, you're just old." Theo shrugged. Finn was the oldest of all four of them, only by a year but they never let him forget it.

"Careful," Finn said as he looked at Theo and the pair laughed

. . . . . . . . . . . .

That night, everyone except, Daryl, Rick and Carol were sitting around a fire eating, "Tomorrow, we'll put all the bodies together. We want to keep them away from that water. Now, if we can dig a canal under the fence, we'll uh have plenty of fresh water."

"The soil is good, we could plant some seed, grow some tomatoes, cucumbers, soybeans." Hershel said, he looked over at Rick who was walking up and down the fence line, "That's his third time around. If there was any part of it compromised, he'd have found it by now."

Beth looked at Lori, "This will be a good place to have the baby. Safe."

Rick walked over to them and said, "Better all turn in. I'll take watch over there, we've got a big day tomorrow."

"What do you mean?"

"Look, I know we're all exhausted. This was a great win. But we gotta push just a little bit more. Most of the Walkers are dressed as guards or prisoners, looks like this place fell pretty early. Could mean the supplies may be intact. They have an infirmary, a commissary-"

Daryl cut Rick off, walking over to them with Carol, "An armory?"

Rick nodded, "That would be outside the prison itself, but not too far away. Warden's offices would have info on the location. Weapons, food, medicine, this place could be a gold mine!"

"We're dangerously low on ammo. We'll run out before we make a dent. We have more arrows than bullets and only two of us can shoot them." Hershel said

Rick looked at him and said, "That's why we gotta go in there. Hand to hand. After all we've been through, we can handle it, I know it. These assholes don't stand a chance."

Rick then walked off. Lori put her hand out to Olivia, the girl assisting her off of the ground before Lori followed Rick.

The pair of them weren't the same since the farm, since Shane. No one really was the same. 

Thank you for reading 

Welcome to the Prison 

Comment and Vote :)