60. Forever and Always

"Of all of the days for this to happen, this would deffinately be my luck, wouldn't it?" Baekhee slams her fist down on the hood of her car too hard and worries for a moment that she may have hurt the very bones in the motion.

Her car sits in place, unmoving, unable to start and she realizes with a stab of guilt that showing up late on such an important day might seem vindictive somehow. Junmyeon has left before her, stopping at her desk to remind her of the time, and if she asked him to turn around, they would both be late. Having one show up late would be disrespectful but having two people show up late would be unbearable. She can't even text him to let him know, seeing that in the end, he would turn around to come and get her which still leaves her with insurmountable guilt.

While standing there scrolling through her emails for her policy number for her roadside assistance, she wonders if not being able to start your car in a garage would make her seem like an airhead. The answer is probably. She already felt like everyone treats her like a charity case. There goes that poor girl who got dumped by our old CEO for her brother, you know the one that we all used to work with... She wasn't sure what label that fell under but her mother assured her that the blanket term divorcee was fitting for her package image. Kyungsoo tried to comfort her by saying that some guys have a divorcee fetish. Truly, not as helpful in boosting her quivering confidence these days.

A car horn goes off behind her, though in truth it sounds more like a fog horn in the levelled parking garage and she stumbles forward into her car.

"Do you need me to jump you?"

She flips her gaze over at the broken jeep. Despite what he says about it being modified, a car with no doors still looks broken to her.

"I'm sorry, I can't argue with you right now about how inappropriate that comment is at the work place, I have somewhere I need to be and my car won't start and this is just the absolute worst day that this could happen and--"

"Do you need a ride?" He asks cutting her off with a short laugh.

"In that busted death trap?"

Sehun grins charmingly and opens up his arms in a showcase flourish to show off the details of the Jeep.

"How badly do you need a ride?" He asks.

How badly does she need a ride? How badly does she need to go watch the man she was once married to give his heart in a formal ceremony to her twin brother? She's hung up on the small details of it resigned to the notion in theory and truly happy for them, but still a little raw about the personal consequences she faced giving over the key to their happiness after another long day of whispers behind her back.

But how badly did she want to see her beloved brother get married? How badly does she want to see stern Chanyeol putty for the person he loves most like a lost child finding his way? She wanted to see that more than anything in the world.

His expression changes when she looks over at him. Sehun's teasing smile changes into confusion when she nods her head and starts to walk towards him.

"You're right. I need to be there for him." She says.

She reaches for his forearm and touches Sehun's veined forearm with what she hopes is a pleading expression and not sheer desperation.

"Will you please drive me to the Two dove Chapel? I have a wedding to be in."

"A wedding?" He nods to the passenger seat and she rounds the car, reaching up for the handle and literally climbing up into the car. "Well that explains the outfit, at least."

She looks down at the coral knee length shiffon layers cutting across her mid thigh and then up at him expectantly.

"Buckle up, heiress, as you know, there aren't doors on this, I don't need you flying out." Sehun barks pointing at her.