51. Resignation

Baekhyun isn't really sure he's heading in the right direction as he stumbles over his own heavy feet, comforted when he feels the door handle in the hallway that leads him safely into a bathroom. He could hear noises downstairs and was sure Chanyeol must be awake already. The room is fogged with steam and heated when he steps in, and makes his way to the toilet. He tries to open his eyes, aware somehow that Chanyeol had taken a shower recently. With his fist dug into the corner of his pastel shirt he looks around to make sure he's alone before relieving himself. The room swims with aftershave like a wet dream, the mirror fogged with the a towel hung precariously on the edge of the counter. He's strangely drawn to the towel as he stands there, made uncomfortable to be in its presence as he finishes up. Even as he washes his hands, his gaze is trained on the white cotton at his side like it was intrusive of his privacy, a distinct threat against him, drying his hands on the hand towel on the wall, he feels a sick drive to reach for the towel on the counter.

He pulls himself up to sit by the sink, staring at it accusingly. Fingers trembling he slowly reaches out towards it, heart quickening as he feels the dampness there. He's painfully aware that this fabric had caressed Chanyeol's wet, fully naked skin this morning, and he brings it closer to his face with a shiver up his spine. He inhales deeply, taking in the scent of his masculine body wash, exhaling his frail composure. He drops the towel and turns towards the mirror, grabbing his bottle of hugo boss cologne popping the top. His lips part as he breathes it in through his nostrils, the smell as second nature and sinful as masturbation. He revels in his twisted perversion, losing his control as he recalls being man-handled in an office, the feel of leather office cushions, the hard press of that mahogany desk, the sound of his boss moaning softly with his touch... Baekhyun's trembling fingers fumble as he tries to recap it, he drops the bottle on the counter with a loud collision of glass to marble.

He winces , expecting to see shattered bottle when he opens his eyes, but it's still in tact, only one small shard has cracked from the base of the bottle. It's an almost un-noticeable piece of the bottle that leaves a new dimension to the shape of the base. Baekhyun quickly puts it back where he found it and sweeps the glass shard into his palm. He runs back to the guest room, sweating suddenly and opens up his duffel bag with a hard zip. He pulls out a small felt lined box with cufflinks in it and drops the beige glass inside right as a knock sounds at his door. He jumps, grabbing the comforter for stability as he looks quickly over his shoulder. He panics, untwisting his discarded pajama bottoms from the tangle of sheets where he kicked them off in his sleep and hopping into them quickly.

When he opens the door Chanyeol is eying him suspiciously, licking his lips almost absently as he stares down at him.

"What are you doing up here with all of that banging around and running, covered in sweat?"

Baekhyun folds his arms over his chest, cocking his hip to the side.

"You promised you'd be normal and not make inappropriate suggestive statements." Baekhyun accuses.

Chanyeol swipes his thumb over his bottom lip and chuckles lightly with a raise of his brows in defeat. Baekhyun silently wishes Chanyeol would have touches his lip with that thumb instead.

"This is how I joke with everyone, Byun Baekhyun."

"I doubt that." He retorts with a show of rolling his eyes.

He's extremely uncomfortable as Chanyeol eyes over his full body like he knows what he looks like underneath his loose clothing, a stupid kind of grin on his face that Baekhyun finds close to an invitation for sex.

"What's up?" He asks impatiently, tired of Chanyeol's eyes on his body when his hands would not follow.

"What time will you be home?"