13. Baekhyun's boyfriend

Baekhyun sits patiently at his desk, fingers working mechanically as he goes down a list of mailing addresses requested to be updated in their system. This is mind-numbing work. Any trained monkey could do this. Along with him correcting and reprinting envelopes from returned mail, his daily work got done but not because he had to exert much thought into it. He felt his brain capacity shrinking, his IQ dropping and even that was nothing compared to the loss of pride he suffered just hours before. He hadn't seen the looks on their faces, but he'd heard the abrupt sound of their laughter halt as they came in on the sight of him sprawled out and half-undressed, his boss twisting his fist furiously along his leaking length.

Fuck.

The stain on his pants only intensified by wiping it with water in the bathroom, but honestly he'd rather people think he pissed himself than have others think his boss was giving him handsies behind closed doors. Even more concerning is that he's forced to choose between these two options at all, or the fact that he has to lie to Jong In about why he can't come over tonight. Especially, after they had had such a nice evening too...

Kim Jong In's apartment was located close to Hongdae, and the shabby chic surroundings didn't bleed through to the clean modern apartment he had designed for himself. It was a sporty little apartment filled with signed posters from soccer teams. The colors surprisingly bright with yellows complimenting the curtains, throw pillows and picture frames in an otherwise monochrome room. The hard wood floors saw the scratches of his 3 dogs feet but still gleamed in the overhead light. Baekhyun watched the man in the kitchen, uncorking wine leisurely and grabbing goblet glasses from his open kitchen's white cabinets. He closed his eyes and let his head tip back on the hard grey couch's back and listened to the loud glub of wine being poured. Absently, he stroked the head of one of the puppies, all three now reclined with one paw or head on Baekhyun's lap. His buzz from dinner was just starting to fade, but he wasn't ready to come back down yet.

"You look like you belong in my house." Jong In said casually, hands full with the two glasses as he made his way towards Baekhyun.

"I feel that." Baekhyun agreed, pointing to each puppy head on his lap and the one resting on his calf. "They make it feel like home."

Jong In smiled, stealing one of the pups as he hands off Baekhyun's glass.

"Home... So does that mean somebody waiting for you?" Jong In took a long sip and looked over with a smirk that played on the depth of the question.

"Is that what it means?" Baekhyun had said in response absently, deftly avoiding the question.

He should have felt more nervous, alone with Jong In, but he didn't. He was apprehensive about anything more than kissing but it hardly felt like Jong In was going to press for anything more than that. Not in that white and yellow room, Not with three small dogs sleeping on them. Not on a first date. Maybe that's why he felt compelled to offer something more... to share something more with Jong In.

"Home to me is not a place you go back to willingly. It's somewhere you're forced to go back to." Baekhyun said after a moment, hiding any melancholy in his tone with conviction.

Jong In watched the petite man without change in his expression. He watched the slender fingers absently stroke Monggu's head, not quite invested enough to feel envious yet, but definitely interested in the prospect of being touched similarly. He turned his attention to the burgundy wine leaving short-lived rings against clear glass as he absently swirled the glass by the stem.

"You don't have to go there. Anytime you need to go somewhere, you can just come here." He said, eyes not lifting from their spot on the glass. From the corner of his eye he can sense movement, the nod of a head. The exchange had been silent but they'd taken a bold move forward.