25. Hot Spring

The hot baths are broken into two parts. There is the indoor bath, and a door leading out to the outdoor hot spring, a series of connected pools separated with large boulders adorned with mossy patchwork shrouded in thick mountain air. The lovely area is gated with high bamboo walls separating the men's area from the women's area, he had already taken a look at the set up the night before. So standing in the empty dressing room, only the cotton yukata robe over his naked body, he clutches the white cotton towel closer to his chest. What would he feel like if Chanyeol takes a look at him standing vulnerable and naked before him and turns him down? What would he do if he dropped his towel, standing completely at the man's mercy and he wasn't interested? Thinking about the morning... the bold actions he took, touching himself like the horney harlot he becomes standing around Chanyeol. And as powerful as he feels when he's with Chanyeol, sucking lightly on the man's tongue and panting hot breaths against his dewy skin, he never feels so hollow as he does when that very man turns his cold hard shoulder to him, closing him out. Baekhyun's pulse quickens, nervousness coming hand in hand with the deepening emotional bond they forged in secret. He's desperate for the man's approval, desperate for his love. He makes no secret that he wants his boss now, but there are things that are simple and then there are things that the universe throws a damper on your well laid plans. But Chanyeol is a disaster that Baekhyun welcomes, because at the end of the day, he needs that man's touch to keep his head above water. The stolen glances in the office, the small heart flutters when his brain is throbbing from work and Chanyeol springs up in his vicinity are the reasons why Baekhyun stay motivated.

With all of the courage that he could muster, Baekhyun lets the robe slide away from his soft shoulders, wrapping his towel around his hips with one slow breath meant to steady his trembling fingertips as he reaches for the door. The room is steamed despite the hum of the vents filtering out the mugginess. The sound is almost melodic and peaceful though, and it works to bring a small shift in Baekhyun's demeanor. He glances around, the row of mirrors on one wall look untouched, the hand held shower heads all plugged up on their hooks. The bath is big spacious enough for more than 10 grown men to sit together without touching limb. On the other wall are two doors, one marked as the sauna and the other as the bathroom, both appear to have the lights off. The vacant room leaves Baekhyun's shoulders relaxing ever so lightly. He should have foreseen this. He gets his hopes up over nothing sometimes. Baekhyun carefully makes his way across the room to the glass door leading out to the outdoor bath, taking in the fresh springs scent. This place is laced with privacy and luxury, a secluded hideaway. Tall bamboo walls cut off an immediate view of forestry but above the walls are fresh greens and the swirl or steam meeting the lingering fog. An inviting bath, alone, to process his thoughts wouldn't be so bad. Here he is making brash decisions without fully weighing them. Just what was he planning on doing anyway? What if he gets rejected?

He turns to leave, facing the glass door leading back inside and watches as the sauna door slowly slides open and a man steps out. Baekhyun would know those long limbs anywhere, a nightmare looking like a wet dream, an arrogant strut and the ability to liquify him. Park Chanyeol walks with purpose, slow but sure, as he heads in Baekhyun's direction, wiping away sweat from his brow and stretching out his neck, white towel wrapped around his torso, slung low on the v cut of his abdomen.

Truth be told, the safest thing Baekhyun could do is pretend not to know Chanyeol and beg Jongin to take him back. But this is not about what is safe. This is about what is best for Baekhyun's heart, and watching the man come towards him, he temporarily loses all rationality and begins a steady building panic. Chanyeol's usually slicked back hair falls forward in his eyes, looking less like a CEO with his muscles and long hair, and more like the bad boy boyfriend that he's sure he had always secretly wanted. Baekhyun steps away from the glass door and looks around quickly, seeing the screen where the hot water tank is, he quickly hops off of the fat stone paved walkway and into muddy grass to duck behind the screen.