50. Couples Counseling

There's a point where you look at someone and your selfishness get the best of you and suddenly nothing is as important in the whole world, as claiming them as your own. It's sometimes gradual and slow like the time spent together is but sand in an hourglass, and once the sand has left the top chamber you're left with the emptiness of where that person was slipping through your fingers. You wonder for a singular second that passes without sand what's missing in your life, something that seemed so constant for so long, and then you realize that you've taken advantage of their presence.

Sitting at his side on the couch in the same way that he's done for all of this time, he realizes that he probably should have defined these lines a long time ago. But he's settled away his feelings for Baekhyun now, he's cleared his conflicts away, and now he's ready for them to define what they already have with title. Kyungsoo takes a deep breath, looking up at Jongin's profile with worry that somehow seems out of place.

"What am I?" He asks.

Jongin cracks the corner of his mouth into a smirk.

"Stubborn, short, small, mean, cute," His eyes travel the length of Kyungsoo's body and fall to his eyes with the teasing sex appeal of molten breaking orgasm and winks. "Salty."

Kyungsoo blushes immensely and sighs as he averts his gaze at the double meaning in that last word. He should have left it alone there, lingering on the sweet taste of their intimacy until there was a more opportune moment or a pull on Jongin's side. But there is kissing, there is touching and Kyungsoo wants there to be exclusivity written out in verbal confirmation.

"So... is that it? Like, between us, that's it?"

Jongin's light hearted smirk fades quickly, eyes turning in worry as he pierces through Kyungsoo's bratty whines.

"What more do you want?"

"Insurance!" Kyungsoo yells.

Unsure where the conversation is going, Jongin clicks the power button on his phone to kill the screen with sleep, turning his attention completely to his partner.

"Why? Are you hurt? Do we need to go to the hospital?"

"No... I--Insurance like... for my heart."

The blanching of his features so quickly leaves Kyungsoo worried.

"What's wrong with your heart?"

He feels like Jongin already knows where the conversation is going, it's something in the tone of his voice that borders on daring rather than panic, and he gets the impression that he's waiting for him to speak those words aloud. But Kyungsoo isn't the star of a tv drama. He's not that kid that can just unleash his feelings so easily and let everyone else in on the things going on there. It took him decades to broach the subject with Baekhyun, his best friend. And Jongin expects him to blurt it out in under 2 years?

"Nevermind, I was just... thinking about things. It's not important."

Kim Jongin rises from the couch to cross the room and Kyungsoo watches the fluidity of his movements, drawn to him on levels that were never broached with Baekhyun. It's a raw, primal hunger for that body that he wasn't sure he could ever quench. His perfect bronzed back fitted into neon yellow briefs, his nudity in the apartment, so natural in the morning like he had been born to delight Kyungsoo's senses this way. His daily morning runs had left his skin a perfect caramelized color but it also toned his muscles in those thick thighs that wrapped around him, fastening him in place in the morning when he wasn't ready to wake up and just wanted a few more minutes in bed, heated under sheets that breathed the scent of their shared body chemistry.

Kyungsoo gets to his feet in his oversized white tee and dark blue checked silk boxers, feeling sadly out of place at the man's side as is, crossing to where he stands drinking water to touch the untanned band across his bicep where his ipod gets strapped. He didn't want anyone else to have access to tracing the tan line here, skin that nobody else should be privy too, virgin untouched by even the sun. He wraps his arms around his waist to press his cheek to the warm skin of his shoulder, closing his eyes against the comfort.