6. Bad decisions

Baekhyun nods his head along to the woman's voice on the other end of the phone, his friend watching him with a smirk firmly planted on his ever-sarcastic face. Do Kyungsoo isn't tall or handsome the way that Park Chanyeol is, but he has the same kind of obnoxious personality. The kind that says that he thinks that he's better than you, the kind that says that in his mind he knows that he's better than you. Dressed in all white, his tennis outfit complete with a mint green Ralph Lauren sweater tied around his shoulders like any pretentious preppy fashionista at the country club. He stares at Baekhyun with an unamused expression, his features almost mocking as Baekhyun has to sit and talk to his sister for the hundredth time this week.

"Noona! Stop! Listen to me! If you don't want to get married, you have to be the one that breaks it off!" He shouts, flipping Kyungsoo off as the man chuckles lightly, grabbing an icy bottle of Smart water and sipping it daintily.

"I don't care anymore! He's a psychopath! You have to end it with him!" He says with a groan.

Kyungsoo chuckles as Baekhyun ends the phone call without letting his sister finish whatever she had been bitching about on the other end.

"Still don't know who was born first?"

Baekhyun gives him a narrow eyed warning as he furiously texts something out to his sister, cutting off the sound so that he wouldn't have to listen to the incessant "KATALK" messenger notification.

Baekhyun and Baekhee, the twin heirs to the Byun family company, were never told which was born first by their mother. Their mother was afraid that it would put too much stress on them and they'd compete with one another if the truth ever came out, so she kept it a secret, hiding away their birth certificates for all of these years. What nobody knew was that Baekhyun had obtained a copy of his birth certificate years ago, he knew that she was older, and yet he never let on that he knew so as not to break his mother's heart. He knew that she did it for him. She knew that the woman wanted to protect him from the pressure of having to fight for his place as an heir, since as the natural oldest, his sister might have tried to win that throne over.

"Yeah, who knows..." He mumbles absently.

Truthfully he never wanted to win the place as the heir so he doesn't talk about it to anyone so that he doesn't have to deal with it. But here he is forcing his sister to deal with something that she doesn't want to all because it's inconvenient for him.

Hypocrisy at it's finest, Byun Baekhyun.

"Before you turn 30, you might want to figure out if you're her Oppa or not."

Baekhyun shrugs it off and plops down on the white leather couch at his friend's side.

Do Kyungsoo is Baekhyun's best friend from the age of 10. They've been together for years, thrown together during business gatherings, their fathers always working closely together. While Kyungsoo's father was doing well financially, Baekhyun's father's wealth has started to suffer in the last few years. The decline started gradually, and then all at once. He knew when his father fired their maids that things were officially in the red, not that he ever said anything to him.

"It doesn't really matter does it?"

Baekhyun tosses his head back over the back of the uncomfortable mod couch.

"Are you really not going back to work?"

"He's a fucking psychopath, Kyungsoo." Baekhyun says monotonously.

"So, what? You're just going to find a new job?"

"I don't get paid there anyway."

Kyungsoo crosses his legs, exposing his pretty ankles visible in his high water white pants, clearing his throat to pull his attention back. Reluctant and irritated, Baekhyun looks over, legs spread wide in an unusually manly show of exasperation.