38. Baekhee's secret attack

"You can't stay in there forever!" Jongin slams his fist on Kyungsoo's front door once more but the man still refuses to come to the door.

He had slipped free, abandoned the party and escaped in the night before Jongin could prove his innocence. And Kim Jongin had spent the night on Kyungsoo's doorstep blowing up the doorbell and knocking until his fist felt numb. All of which was pointless.

"Yes, whoever's in there really should come out now."

Jongin turns quickly and sees Kyungsoo smirking as he leans against the wall.

"You... you didn't come home last night?"

"Is that surprising?" Kyungsoo strolls past Jongin and unlocks the door, smelling of perfume and cigarettes.

"... I guess not..."

Surprisingly enough, the door is left open for him after Kyungsoo enters his home and his friend follows him inside.

"Where were you?"

"That's--"

"None of my business, I know. So where were you?"

Kyungsoo stares at him from in the kitchen. Their eyes lock and they absorb the currents of their mutual attraction for a moment until it becomes familiar and comfortable.

"I was with a friend."

"Did you get laid?"

Kyungsoo turns away and pours himself a glass of water before getting to the business of starting himself a cup of coffee.

"What do you want from me, Kim?"

"A straight answer."

"I got laid. By a girl. Is that straight enough for you?"

Jongin swallows hard and makes his way to the kitchen, pulling off his suit blazer and rolling up his sleeves. He wordlessly washes his hands and begins looking through the cabinets for ingredients.

"What are you doing?"

"Making breakfast."

"Why?"

Jongin's mouth is pulled tight when he looks over.

"Because I'm sorry."

He doesn't let the current pull him in this time and goes back to looking through cabinets, ignoring Kyungsoo's quiet protesting "I already ate."

He stays in the kitchen as the man cooks for him, watching as he cleans as he goes, as if he were well versed at cooking for himself. Looking more the part of domestic God than grovelling love interest, standing in a wrinkled and worn button down, flipping french toast in a skillet with one hand.

"I haven't forgiven Baekhyun or even talked to him. What he said last night is another lie, you know." Jongin says casually as he serves two plates with french toast and a freshly warmed creamy raspberry and cream sauce.

"So what, you're a salaryman and a chef?"

"I'm also a sex God, but you'll never find out." He teases handing over a plate to the man at his side before making his way to the dining room table and clearing two spots off.

"Coffee, okay?" Kyungsoo asks pouring a fresh mug of steaming caffinated bliss.

"Yes, thank you." Jongin says grabbing the mug in one hand and pulling fresh silverware out with ease from the sink right drawer.

Seated together, Kyungsoo stares at Jongin for a moment before getting up and kissing his cheek.

"Straight as a wet spaghetti noodle." Jongin teases.