26. Text

Where did Kim Jongin get off kissing people without asking? What is wrong with him? And why is Kyungsoo suddenly obsessed with this kiss? After finally getting in touch with Baekhyun, he got the details about his break up, but he didn't say much about why they broke up.

"So you two broke up already?" He had asked, heartbeat skipping ahead of his rational thoughts as he processes that Baekhyun is now single, and open to dating men at the same time.

But Baekhyun only said that it's not fair to Jongin for him to date a man that doesn't love him back. And when asked about what that meant for Jongin, Baekhyun was silent. Kyungsoo tried to play it off cool but the idea that Baekhyun could have hurt Jongin was unsettling, which pissed Kyungsoo off more that he would admit. He could see Jongin's broken expression the day he confronted him in front of his work building, his expression tensing at the cafe, and the lost expression in his eyes when he pulled away at the train station, turned away and ran.

Flipping the phone around in his hand over and over, Kyungsoo watched the afternoon sun fade. What the hell was that kiss about anyway? Was it a revenge kiss to get back at Baekhyun? Or did Jongin want something else? A rebound? A friend?

Unsure what to do, he finally gets the courage to speak to Jongin again after 2 days of radio silence.

JONGIN                                                                                       KYUNGSOO

So are you and Baekhyun really over?

Yes

What if he wants to get back together?

He doesn't

You can't know that.

He's in love with someone else

who?

Not me. Probably not you.

MISSED CALL

MISSED CALL

MISSED CALL

Why won't you answer my call?

I don't want to talk to you

What did I do?

You're always so oblivious, aren't you? Nothing is ever your fault.

What's my fault?

Have a good life. I'm no longer the boyfriend of the man you love. You can finally get rid of me.

I don't think like that, Jongin.

Leave me alone

I thought we were friends.

Is that what this was? Friends?

Yes?

No?

Which is it?