7. Debt Forgiveness Plan

Everything hurts. The light hurts. The sounds of cars whirring past hurts. The wind blowing too hard against his cheeks hurts. And here he is battling all the pain to get to a goddamned office. An office building that he doesn't give a damn about. And just when he thought he'd made it in the clear. Just when he thought he was a step away from his sanctuary, his disorganized desk, he saw the slicked back hair of a tall man waiting at his desk. Seated in his chair was Park Chanyeol, his arms crossed, his eyes closed and he looked up at Baekhyun with daggers in his eyes when he heard the man shuffling towards him.

Baekhyun gave his obligatory respectful bow and threw his backpack on the desk. Chanyeol gave the dirty backpack a distasteful look and then cleared his throat.

"I need to speak with you in my office." He says and then stands to leave.

Baekhyun slumps into his chair, trying not to shift his weight comfortably at the feel of the warmth left lingering by Chanyeol's body. How long had he waited there?

Chanyeol had stood to march off, but he was now glaring down at Baekhyun. His pressed pale blue button down shirt and maroon tie both looking silky as he stretched the fabric over his chest with his hands to his hips.

"NOW."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and face plants on his desk, shaking his head no.

"I'll be there in a minute. I just need to rest me eyes for a moment."

"No, Byun Baekhyun. You'll be there in 5 minutes or you won't have a job." His boss says, voice cool and smooth like an ice cube traveling over a slick counter top.

Baekhyun didn't really care. He could have just as easily stayed home nursing a hangover. It looks like that's what Tao was doing. He wasn't at his desk, which was right across from Baekhyun's, stacked high with papers and files. In stark contrast was Baekhyun's desk. No papers to be seen. No file folders. Just clear and breezy with a few odd knickknacks, including a rubber band ball that he started a week ago. He was almost tempted to just say "fuck it". He wanted to just kiss this place good bye, but he knew better than to assume he'd be in any kind of luck if his father kicked him out. The fact remained that he was a trust fund kid with an internship. He has no money.

So against all of the begging and threatening that his body was doing, he got to his feet and trudged over to the damned office he loathed and pushed against the door, pushing all of his weight onto the handle. Chanyeol was pacing across the office and Baekhyun realized that he had never seen the man flustered like this before.

"Where were you?" Chanyeol demanded.

"At my desk. Where you left me."

Chanyeol rolls his eyes and plants his hands on his hips for a moment before lifting one to pet the back of his head with an agitated expression. Clearly no foreseeing an invitation to sit down, Baekhyun takes the chair across from Chanyeol's desk and holds his throbbing head in one hand.

"So now you're just going around kissing random people?" Chanyeol asks.

Baekhyun's attention snaps up with genuine confusion for a moment before he shrugged his shoulders.

"Clearly, I was drunk."

"Clearly, you're off ducking face with anyone with lips that part. Meanwhile, I can't even meet the girl I'm supposed to marry." Chanyeol barks, loudly enough that Baekhyun was sure anyone passing by outside of the office could hear.

He bit his lip a second and then smirked, almost amused.

"I guess you could call off the engagement." He suggests.