It only took a few moments for an older, definitely non-human, woman to appear before she stopped in her tracks looking at the two of them in amusement. "That's the first time I see you two here." She told them approaching the counter giving them a friendly smile. "Who is it for?"

Cassie gestured at Eli. "They're for him."

"Not every day I see an omega. Rough heats?" The wolf pharmacist asked leaning forwards still maintaining her friendly manner as she held the paper in her hand and studied him. "You look young. Did they start recently?"

"Yeah." Eli blinked nodding his head before the pharmacist sighed.

"I do have the meds, but they're reserved for someone else unfortunately. I can order more for you and you can pick them up next week. That sound good?"

Cassie kind of expected that and shrugged in acceptance, but Eli frowned unable to contain his curiosity.

"Who are you reserving them for? Another omega?"

The pharmacist grinned at him as she handed him the paper understanding his interest since omegas are so rare. "These meds are specifically made for omegas, so yes. I would say so." She then placed a box filled with a few small needles and pushed it towards him. "You can use these for now. They're less effective, but should make a sudden heat easier to handle."

Grateful for anything, Eli took them already feeling like things will be much smoother with Cassie's help. "I'll come see you next week, then." He told her with a smile, and she nodded at him already planning on placing the order for him once they left.

The moment they stepped outside, Cassie gave him a mischievous smile.

"Liam and I have a date planned," She told him all of the sudden as he followed her looking puzzled. The thought of being a third wheel wasn't appealing at all, but what she said next surprised him. "We'll pick you up later at ten. I'll text you the place."

He stopped in his tracks looking horrified. "You're leaving me?"

That made Cassie giggle finding the whole thing amusing. "You know I wouldn't just leave you like that without a good reason." She told him stopping at a coffee shop before peering at the people inside and let out a fake gasp. "I cannot believe my eyes. That's an amazing coincidence."

The tone of her voice was extremely fake making it obvious that she wasn't surprised at all at whatever 'coincidence' she was referring to. Wondering what she had planned, he gave her a suspicious look before he decided to walk inside and see for himself.

Cassie didn't follow him as she waved in a sing-song voice clearly leaving once he went in. "Have fun."

When Eli walked in and listened to the bell jingle as he did, his breath almost caught in his throat when his eyes fell on a very familiar figure.

He all but ran towards the table where Ari sat at, waiting, and couldn't help the smile breaking out on his face. "You're here!" He said pulling up a chair as Ari smile up at him. "You're actually here, hi! Hello. How are you?"

His excitement was palpable as Ari's smile grew wider.

"I missed you." Ari told him so honestly it made Eli bite his bottom lip still unable to believe that he was there talking freely with Ari. His excitement was barely contained and it showed. "Things have been so hard lately; I am just happy to see you."

Eli's face softened at that.

"Yeah, things have been awful lately." He agreed awkwardly looking down at the table remembering how Alec and the rest were treating Ari because of him. "I feel like I ruined everything in your life by just coming here."

Ari kicked him from under the table letting out a chuckle as he did so. He genuinely seemed unperturbed. "Don't be ridiculous. Nothing that ever happened is your fault. Besides, we got Cassie on our side now."

If only Eli knew that he needed to work a lot harder than that to become a real problem in Ari's life. It was already a mess to begin with.

"That's true." Eli smiled feeling grateful for Cassie before nervousness crept in at the sudden realization. "I think this is the first time we've been truly alone like this."

Although he was ecstatic that he was with Ari right now, his mind couldn't help but wander back to Alec and how furious he'd be if he somehow knew that he was with Ari all alone like this. Anything could happen if Eli suddenly got his heat, and he had a feeling that his needles won't be of much help. If Ari lost control, it would be a disaster.

He felt so guilty going behind Alec like this.

After all, Rowan, who was a mated beta, barely lasted fifteen minutes before she succumbed to the effects of the pheromones he was emanating during his heat. Ari was an unmated beta which means that he'd lose his senses even faster than that. Maybe it wasn't wise for him to go along with this...

But when Ari gave him one of his beautiful smiles and took his hand in his looking at him with his beautiful hazel eyes, Eli melted. Any guilt and nervousness he felt vaporized along with any reasonable doubts he had moments ago. They really shouldn't be touching comfortably like this.

Yet Eli found himself squeezing Ari's hand while the latter proceeded to pull him up from his seat.

"Let's go out. It's not every day we can hang out like this."

And Eli nodded his head feeling out of breath and excited. "Yeah, okay."