I soon received information that Gran had indeed tried to find someone in the town, but everyone had refused him. Now his only choice was to ask a second or a third-rate chef.

On the day of the party, we set out to Gran’s mansion early.

His place was about the same size as mine, and I often thought that this town only needed one lord and one big residence.

When my father had been on his deathbed, he had told me to get along with the other lord, but I found no reason to do that.

Letting two families govern the same town was stupid. I would push Gran out and make this my town.

I had already given lot of money to the Bornard company and had even changed out the Commerce Guild Master.

I had bought some merchandise from the merchants belonging to the Bornard company as collateral for a promise not to sell their goods in the areas governed by Gran.

It had gone so well that all goods had completely vanished from Gran’s areas while the sales in my territory had increased considerably. As long as this continued, it was only a matter of time before the entire town would be mine.

When I entered the party hall, there were already quite a few people gathered around.

Some merchants who I had bribed approached me the moment they saw me.

These merchants only knew how to sell flattery and were my precious pawns.

I took some time to greet a few other people before making my way to Gran.

This would be the last time he would hold a party in this mansion; might as well give him one last greeting.

I almost broke out laughing when I saw how peaceful he looked.

What a foolish, soft-hearted person.

Well, my father had been the same, though.

They trusted everyone and believed anything you told them, so they were easily taken advantage of.

After I greeted Gran, I returned back to the other side of the hall and watched him from afar.

I wanted to see the people who approached him.

The most problematic person here was probably the owner of Crimonia, the head of the Foschuroze family.

Recently, due to their connection to the sea, they had began gaining a lot of power.

I had ordered the Commerce Guild to get me information on Crimonia’s merchants, and all the information I received was strange.

Like a bear digging out a tunnel, a bear opening a shop, a bear selling pudding, a bear being dangerous to go against.

I should probably consider doing a proper research on Crimonia after I took over this town.

Right now, I should be more concerned about the merchants from Crimonia coming here, rather than some weird bear.

Everything was going so well, after all, so I shouldn’t let that weird little thing bother me.

Gran then made a short speech, and food was brought into the hall.

I wondered what kind of garbage food was going to be served, but the food that was brought in all looked and smelled rather delicious.

Had I missed a chef from this town who could make such good food? No, I should have gotten everyone.

I tried the food and found it delicious.

Really, where on earth had he found a chef that could make such delicious food?