𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮

CHAPTER SIXTY
"A path"

The only thing more dangerous than the dead, is the living

The only thing more dangerous than the dead, is the living. But without the living, we might as well be dead. We all need people we can count on, people who we know will love us no matter what, and people who we know will do what they promised... not just say it. It's like the world before the fall when you found just the right person who is above all and you've managed to put their life above your own. If we have that, maybe that's how we get back to the way things used to be. Get back a piece of what we've lost...

Silas walks into his apartment, ready to meet the group at the meet up point. When he arrives, he sees Ivy at his dining table having herself a drink and that's when he urges her to pack up their stuff so they can go to the meet up spot together. "I'm not going" Ivy voices, setting her glass down as she stares out the window that's right in front of the table.

Silas furrows his eyebrows in confusion as he zips up the duffel bag of his clothes and grabs a box from off the coffee table which holds his weapons, for example, Aston's axe. Silas smiles down at it as he looks to Ivy, who still hasn't gotten up.

"Ivy, we have to go, now" Silas urges, and Ivy stands to her feet, looking to Silas with eyes of sorrow, but not regret. "Ivy... what's going on?" Silas asks and Ivy clears her throat, "I'm sorry."

Suddenly, Pamela and two strong men step out of a room and reveal themselves, leaving Silas shocked. "Ivy, what did you do?" Silas asks as he shakes his head, watching as the tough men slowly make their way towards him. "Accepted a deal she couldn't refuse" Pamela voices and Silas widnes his eyes as one of the men grab onto his arm and Silas quickly goes into fight mode and swings the axe in the man's direction, but misses when the man lets go of his arm and proceeds to grab his wrist of the hand he's holding the axe in.

Silas kicks the other guy in the knee, watching as he tumbles to the ground. "No!" Silas shouts as he tries to break free of the other man's hold but his arm is swiftly bent behind his back, causing him to scream in agonizing pain.

"Don't fight, it'll only make it worse" Ivy calls out and Silas widens his eyes in her direction, shocked at who Ivy has become. She isn't the innocent girl anymore. But maybe she never was. Maybe she was waiting for the right moment to show everyone who she truly was... a monster.

"Ugh!" Silas grunts as he rushes backwards, making the guy behind him, slam into the wall. The other guy tries to run towards him and lunch him but Silas rushes out of the way and causes the guy to punch his fellow friend in the face.

Silas proceed to grab his axe off the ground and grab the agent by his next and hold the axe near his throat while he faces Pamela's direction. "Why are you doing this?" Silas asks, "So you can be with your people. Now, let my agents do their job" Pamela says, her voice calm which makes it terrifying. "Eugene didn't kill your son. He killed himself" Silas speaks up and the veins in Pamela's neck pop out as she tries hard to bite her tongue and not saying anything back.