𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
"Hijackers"
——

Carlson looks at the dead hostages that he pushed off the roof of the apartment complex

Carlson looks at the dead hostages that he pushed off the roof of the apartment complex. The bodies start to animate. Carlson radios Hornsby to let him know the location is secure and that they're searching for the hijacked goods. Meanwhile, Jane, Maggie, Aaron, Ivy, Lydia, and Elijah hide as Carlson leads a team through the complex, gunning down residents.

At the Commonwealth, Silas and Rosita hang  out at the station, looking through the newspaper. "How was it when you seen Ivy?" Rosita asks as she flips through the news paper. "It was okay but it wasn't how it used to be. I can't really be surprised" Silas shrugs as he takes a sip of his coffee that he grabbed on his way to work. Daryl enters the station and sets his cup down on the desk and opens up his donut. Silas and Rosita chuckle and shake their heads as Daryl furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" Daryl asks and Silas shakes his head. "Nothing, you just— you're really loving up the stereotype of cops and donuts" Silas says, making Rosita laugh softly. "Do you want some?" Daryl asks, breaking two pieces of the donut off. Silas and Rosita look together each other and swiftly grab the donut and begin eating it, maybe the stereotype isn't bad after all.

The three of them then receive an assignment from their boss. Daryl, Rosita and Silas get out on Sector D together. Meanwhile, Sebastian stops by the trooper station with his girlfriend and stays there until all the troopers are finished getting dressed into their gear. Daryl, Silas and Rosita get ready to go to their sector when overhearing Sebastian brag to troopers about fighting walkers and invites Daryl  to comment on his abilities. Daryl half-heartedly claps, eliciting chuckles from troopers.

"Maybe you should tell them how you struggled with that one rotter back in the woods and I had to kill it. It's a great story, I swear" Silas jokes, locking eyes with Sebastian who tightens his jaw, clearly upset with Silas's choice of words.

"He's gonna get you back for that" Rosita says as she pats Silas's back. "The most he'll do is tell his mother. I think I can handle her" Silas states as he keeps his gun steady to the side of him before troopers Alves and Castle pull Rosita, Silas and Daryl away from their assignment to investigate a herd of walkers on the north perimeter.

"I thought we only work patrol right now?" Rosita questions, shielding her eyes from the bright sun above. "Yeah, and now she wants to see what you can do outside the walls" one of the troopers says bringing up slight suspicion but they choose to go anyway once learning that their sector is covered.

Screaming and gunfire is heard in the distance as Jane and the group check room to room with their weapons in hand, checking every corner and every place that anyone could hide. Jane and Aaron check the kitchen and see that someone has recently been here due to food being out on the table and the chairs slightly scattered.