𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER ELEVEN
"Choices"
——

Maggie, Jane, Jesus, and a large convoy of Hilltop residents are heading presumably towards the Sanctuary to meet up with the Alexandrians in the hopes that the Saviors will surrender

Maggie, Jane, Jesus, and a large convoy of Hilltop residents are heading presumably towards the Sanctuary to meet up with the Alexandrians in the hopes that the Saviors will surrender. "Do you think they'll surrender?" Jesus asks and Jane sighs as she looks out the window from the backseat. "I think so. We have about 30 of their people" Jane states her opinion and Maggie nods in agreement. "They will. Eventually" Maggie says and Jesus furrows his eyebrows.

"Not now?" Jesus wonders and Maggie smiles slightly. "Would we give up that quick?" Maggie asks as she looks over at Jesus. "Not at all" Jane agrees as she continues to stare out at the window. "They don't surrender today, they will soon" Maggie states and Jane nods in agreement. "They'll run out of supplies eventually. Food... water... choices" Jane states as she taps her hand on her rifle impatiently.

"Slow down" Maggie says as she spots a fallen log which has blocked the road. Jane looks ahead and notices the fallen log and immediately grips her gun. "A tree in the road. I don't remember that being there" Jane says as she looks over to Maggie who shakes her head. "Because it wasn't" Maggie says as she leans forward in her seat a bit. "Could've fallen on its own. Trees do that" Jesus tries to reassure but Maggie and Jane are still skeptical and quickly think that the Saviors are responsible.

"No, this is what they do. They've done it to us before" Jane says as she looks at the fallen tree ahead of them. "Something happened" Maggie says before she radios to the back of the convoy and tells them to turn around but no response comes as the Saviors overtakes the convoy, and a truck parks in front of Maggie's car. "Oh, you've gotta be kidding me" Jane mumbles to herself. From inside, it is revealed that Jerry was captured by the Saviors and is badly injured. He is then dragged outside along with a wooden box and Simon jumps out of the truck.

Jane's heart begins to beat out of her chest as she grips her rifle in her hand remembering that's the man who brought her to her knees when her life changed forever. "Hello, hello, hello!" Simon calls out and Jane scoffs at the sound of his voice. "What a damn nice night" Simone states and Jane locks eyes with Maggie before they both travel their eyes back to the front of the car. "You all know the drill. Due to your recent decisions, everything has changed. And yet, nothin has changed" Simone declares as he looks over at a very injured Jerry whom he's captured.

"Everyone needs to hand over their guns. Gary, shoot that beautiful bastard if anyone tries anything" Simon orders and Jane shakes her head knowing she would never want to put one of the Kingdoms people in harms way at this moment in time. Saviors begin to walk up to the cars and take their weapons. "Just do it" Maggie states as she hands over her weapons. Jane sighs and tosses her rifle out the car not handing it to anyone.

"I see the gun in your holster ma'am" One of Savior's says to Jane and Jane rolls her eyes throwing the gun outside the car window and relaxing back in her seat.