𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
"Pay Attention"
——

Daryl, Maggie, Jane, Silas and a group of Alexandrians mobilize at a military base

Daryl, Maggie, Jane, Silas and a group of Alexandrians mobilize at a military base. They then open a hatch in the ground. Maggie leads a small group, that includes Jane, Magna, Rosita and more,  into a helicopter hangar and are now in a room filled with walkers immobile on the ground so they step quietly around the walkers so they can get where they need to go.

They walk towards a door and Jane holds Magna's weapons as Magna breaks the lock on a door so the group can proceed down the hallway. They find a crate full of MREs, and stuff the supplies into their backpacks.

Maggie, Carol, Jane, and Rosita load the backpacks onto a pully system while Silas, Daryl and Alden hoist the packs up until a pulley snaps. Daryl grabs the backpack before it can fall on top of the walkers, but he cuts himself on the arm, and a drop of his blood lands on a walker. The walker stirs, rousing all the other walkers in the room.

Jane looks around the room cautiously before pulling out her knuckle knife. She kicks one of the walkers, giving Rosita an opening to kill them before Jane stabs multiple in the head, killing them instantly. Jane then looks over seeing Magna and Kelly rush out of the hallway and sees multiple walkers start going towards them but from above Daryl and Alden shoot arrows down at them, giving them an opening.

Jane figures she'll need a bigger weapon and pulls out her machete and rushes towards a crowd of walkers and swings her machete until all of them are down and dead. "Jane!" Maggie calls out and Jane looks over as Maggie tosses her pistol, Jane sets her machete on the ground and starts shooting walkers from where she is standing, specifically the ones that are near Magna and Kelly giving them an opening to get pulled up first.

Jane runs out of bullets as walkers start to surround her, she then pistol whips one of the walkers, hitting them repeatedly in the head before grabbing her machete off the ground and using it to upper cut one of the walkers reaching out for her.

Jane looks to Magna who looks hesitant to go up first until Jane sends her a smile and a reassuring nod. "Go!" Jane calls out before pushing one of the walkers up against the wall and quickly piercing her machete through there skull as Daryl and Alden hoist the crew up to safety one by one, Jane being one of them.

Once Jane is almost up she raises her hand and Silas quickly grabs it, helping her up all of the way and taking the rope from around her. "You alright?" Silas asks as Jane sheaths her machete. "Never better" Jane states as she bends down, helping Maggie and the rest of the group up.

The group returns to Alexandria and Daryl hugs Judith and R.J while Roslyn rushes up to Jane, wrapping her arms around her as Ashton and Ivy greet Silas. Hershel then runs up to Maggie with Cole, Duncan, and Agatha, members of Maggie's old community who have made their way to Alexandria in search of Maggie. Nearby, Gabriel breaks up a fight between people arguing over food rations.