𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮

CHAPTER THIRTY
"The Storm"
——

Several months after the fair massacre, the Kingdom has fallen due to burst pipes, rot, and fires that have consumed multiple buildings across the Kingdom and in those several months Magna and Janes relationship hasn't been much of a relationship

Several months after the fair massacre, the Kingdom has fallen due to burst pipes, rot, and fires that have consumed multiple buildings across the Kingdom and in those several months Magna and Janes relationship hasn't been much of a relationship. As of right now the two are only hooking up and having fun but Magna has made her feel things physically and mentally over these several months but Jane would never admit it out loud.

Jane sat in her office and wrote a letter to Maggie about everything that has happened in these longs months and the important people they've lost, people that Maggie cares deeply about. Jane didn't know how to start off the letter considering her and Maggie have talked in ages, in person or through letters. Jane missed her best friend. Maggie and Jane went through a lot together, starting from the farm all the way until Hilltop and that has been a long time. Jane never understood why Maggie left but she knew she was becoming distant after Ricks death.

Outside the Kingdom, the remaining Kingdommers, Jane, Silas, Magna, Michonne, Yumiko, Daryl and more get ready and set off into the cold to take refuge at Hilltop, leaving the community behind. Jane decided to come along and help the Kingdom pack up instead of staying at Hilltop reminiscing and mourning the death of many loved ones. Also, Jane couldn't face the members of Hilltop while they were still reeling from the loss of another leader.

On the road, Jane had let Michonne know the problems Hilltop were facing and that the council couldn't come up on any agreements for security. "What? No one can agree on what to do next? You can't? And the council cant come to any security resolutions?" Michonne answers and Jane sighs as she rests her hands in her pockets.

"I hear you and I want to make a decision but it's kind of hard when half the community, including my daughter, is still reeling over the death of Tara... Enid and Jesus" Jane explains harshly as she looks over at Michonne who lets out a desperate sigh while looking away. "Nothing from Maggie?" Michonne asks and Jane clears her throat at the sound of Maggie's name. "Not a word. I've had Yumiko send in some letters but I have heard nothing back" Jane states when they spot walkers in a field. Alden asks Lydia if they're her people but she doesn't answer. "We followed their rules, haven't they done enough to us?" Alden asks angrily but he is shut up by Daryl. "I don't want to cause any more problems" Lydia tells Daryl but Daryl reminds her that people should stop blaming her.

Later, as it becomes colder, Silas decided to walk up next to Jane to keep her community while Magna walked behind them but a little farther away and she watched them from a distance. "How are you feeling?" Silas asks as she rubs his hand together to create heat. "You keep asking and I keep saying I'm fine" Jane states as she looks over at Silas and a smile immediately forms on her face.

"I just want to make sure" Silas replies as she locks eyes with Jane, causing heat to rush to his cheeks, making them more red than they already were. Ever since Silas witnessed Janes grief when she saw the people she cared about decapitated and there heads on pikes, he's been wanting to keep her close and protect her, though he's been feeling this way since the minute he met Jane.