𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

CHAPTER EIGHT
"Fight for tomorrow"
——

Residents of Alexandria, Hilltop and the Kingdom prepare for battle at the colony; they prepare reinforcements and armor for their vehicles

Residents of Alexandria, Hilltop and the Kingdom prepare for battle at the colony; they prepare reinforcements and armor for their vehicles. "When I first met him... Jesus said that my world was gonna get a whole lot bigger. Well, we found that world. We found each other" Rick rants as he, Jane, Maggie, and Ezekiel stand on the back of a truck and look down at their people from a higher view.

Rick continues to give his rousing speech to the united communities, reminding them they're fighting for their futures, for a bigger world. He vows to stop the Saviors and kill Negan, the only one who truly has to die. "To quote the Bard, "for her today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"" Ezekiel quotes as he pats Rick on the back. "For she today... my sisters" Ezekiel says as he walks over to Jane and Maggie who send him a smile before Shiva roars.

"Times are tough... but we can win this" Jane calls out. "We've practiced. We've been through it over and over again" Maggie echo's as she looks around at everyone. "We're people. People who deserve a normal life if that's possible. We don't deserve to be controlled. Those days are over. It's time for war and that war we have to win. We will win" Jane rants as she looks around at everyone determined. "We may have to live in uncertainty for days, maybe more. We have to keep our faith in each other. If we can hold onto that with everything we have," Maggie says as she walks over to Jane grasps her hand in hers, ".. the future is ours" Maggie adds and Jane looks over at her as the wind breezes past them. "The world can be ours. It is ours" Maggie finishes.

The caravan arrives in a large field, where members of all three communities are waiting. "You up to this? Both of you?" Rick asks looking to Jane and Maggie. "I need to do this. I don't know about everyone else but I need to. Maggie and I got Hilltop to stand with us so I'm going" Jane states as she claims her place on the trip to the Sanctuary. "I'm going to. At least for the first part. They say you can wage  war through the second trimester" Maggie jokes as she narrows her eyes at Jane looking down at her stomach and everyone chuckles softly. "They did not lie" Jane sighs as she rests her hand on her stomach.

"I've been fighting since you got me out of the CDC. What's a little more?" Jane states as she looks over at Rick. "If this one fight can stop everything that's happened to us I'm gonna be there" Jane reassures as she locks eyes with Rick. "I'm told the Hilltop lost their doctor. An obstetrician, no less and I see you're pregnant and I heard you were shot" Ezekiel says and Jane and Maggie nod their heads. "Still healing" Maggie informs. "We have a doctor in the Kingdom. One that can help your baby and your wound" Ezekiel assures but Jesus assures him they'll retrieve Doctor Carson, who was previously taken by the Saviors. Ezekiel, Jesus and Maggie walk away to get ready to leave and before Jane can Rick grabs her arm gently.

"What?" Jane asks as she looks to Rick. "I just— I just wanted to say Hilltop's lucky to have you and Maggie. You will be a great leader" Rick reassures as he and Jane look into each other's eyes as a smile forms on both of faces. "I learned from the best" Jane says referring to Rick as he steps a few inches closer towards her. "After all of this is over... I'm following you. You and Maggie if you want" Rick states while he rests his hand on Jane's shoulder all while looking into her eyes.