𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
"The Monster"
——

Magna walks through commonwealth until she arrives at the hospital Jane works at

Magna walks through commonwealth until she arrives at the hospital Jane works at. Just as she is about to open the door, Dr. Steven walks out, just finishing his shift. "Excuse me. Dr. Steven, right?" Magna asks as she rushes up next to him. "Yes, you are—" Steven says before stopping in his tracks and looking to Magna as if he knew her. "Magna. Janes lover" Steven states, looking Magna up and down before locking eyes with her.

"Yes, I was wondering if you knew where she went" Magna says, holding a paper in her hand. "I do actually. She went on a mission with Aaron and Gabriel" Steven answers and Magna knits her eyebrows in confusion since Jane never told Magna that she was leaving. "That must be where Roslyn is too" Magna says and Dr. Steven's smile fades into a worried one. "Roslyn? Her daughter? She can't go there" Steven states, his voice sounding concerned.

"Why not? You sound worried" Magna wonders, goosebumps rising up her arms as she hears the fear in his voice. "Follow me" Steven states and Magna does just that.

At the complex, Silas, Daryl and a team of Commonwealth troopers investigate Carlson's corpse and the bloody aftermath at the apartment complex while Hornsby interrogates Aaron, Jane and Gabriel about what happened to Carlson's team. He's dubious of their story that mysterious killers slaughtered everyone except for them and then escaped. "And then turns out your daughter snuck into one of our cars and made it inside with you— while these murderers were all over the place" Hornsby adds as he looks to Jane and Roslyn.

"She wasn't scared..." Hornsby says as he walks towards Jane, "of all the blood, the people with guns, the screaming, the crying, the begging" Hornsby taunts and Jane narrows her eyes at Hornsby who stands in front of her. "My daughter... is strong. She's seen a lot and she can handle herself. Carlson couldn't though" Jane adds, a smirk creeping up on her lips before a truck drives up, stopping roughly.

"Jane! Jane!" Magna shouts as she exits the truck along with Dr. Steven. "Magna?" Jane questions before she grabs Roslyn's hand and they both leave the presence of Hornsby and leave out of the door that goes to the roof before making it to solid ground and greeting Magna.

"Oh, Ros" Magna sighs as she pulls Roslyn in for a hug. "What are you doing here?" Jane asks before Magna stands to her feet, looking quite upset. "What am I doing here? What're you doing here? What is Roslyn doing here?" Magna asks and Jane clears her throat, confused with Magna's anger. "Listen, I didn't know she followed me here" Jane says and Magna scoffs, "Yeah, and I didn't know you were even here. You told me nothing. I had to find out by Roslyn leaving some note" Magna argues, handing Jane the note Roslyn left her.

Dear Magna,
I left with mom. I don't know where she's going but I have to make sure she's okay. Don't be scared. I love you.
Love, Roslyn

Jane sighs as she folds up the letter, placing it in her back pocket. "I'm sorry" Jane apologizes. "It's not okay. I had no idea where you were and I thought Roslyn ran away!" Magna shouts and Jane pushes her hair back out of her face. "I don't know what you want me to say. They wanted me to join the mission, so I did" Jane argues and Magna shakes her head, leaving silence between the two of them.