𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
"The Cave"
——

In Alexandria, Siddiq has been killed by Dante who they thought they could trust

In Alexandria, Siddiq has been killed by Dante who they thought they could trust. Rosita was the one to find Siddiq's body that night and Dante along with him. The next morning, the group in Alexandria meet up in the infirmary where Aaron reveals that he has been talking with a Whisperer and she has told him the location of Alpha's horde, explaining she just wants to see her nephew Adam. Despite his skepticism, Daryl orders him to summon a group from Hilltop to help them with the mission. He then reminds Carol that Lydia is still missing, but she says she can help him look for her afterwards even though she doesn't want to be found.

"Are we talking about her or we talking about you?", Daryl asks as he leaves.

Elsewhere, Daryl parks his bike in the woods as Carol and Aaron follow him. They meet up with Magna, Jerry, Jane, Connie, and Kelly for assistance in their mission. "Hey" Jane mumbles as she pulls Aaron in for hug which he returns. "Good to see you" Aaron says to Jane and she smiles at him genuinely before the group begins walking together.

"Let's get to it. Screw these freaks" Magna says as she catches up with Jane and walks beside her. "I say that in Siddiq's honor" Magna informs and Jane nods her head in agreement as she rest her hand on the gun that lays in her holster.

That night, the group crosses one of the borders in the woods when Carol nearly steps on a bear trap before Daryl stops her. "They really don't want us over her" Jane says as she looks around while mosquitoes buzz all around her and walks ahead of Daryl and Carol while Daryl chastises Carol for acting recklessly and says they can't let Alpha take away their future too. They hug and then cross the border.

The next morning, the group arrives at the location of the horde in a clearing only to find it's empty. Jane scoffs as she looks around at the empty field. "Dammit!" Daryl shouts angrily as he begins to walk away until Aaron stops him. "This doesn't mean Mary lied to us, alright? They were protecting this
place. T-They put a trap in the road as a deterrent" Aaron argues. "Yeah, from some hunter a decade ago" Daryl argues trying to find some excuse for the empty location.

"No. That thing was rigged" Aaron declares. "We don't know that for sure. That girl could've been lying" Jane says as she looks to Aaron who shakes his head. "She wasn't. The herd could have been here last week or yesterday. We had an obligation to come check this out" Aaron states and Jane looks to Magna who puts her hands up in surrender, not wanting to get involved.

Daryl tells Aaron it was a waste of time and now they will go search for Lydia. "Let's go" Daryl says and reluctantly everyone else follows. Jane turns back to Aaron and shrugs her shoulders, "It's a dead end" Jane confesses before catching up with Daryl and the rest of the group.

In the woods, Carol spots Alpha across a clearing and chases after her. "Carol!" Jane shouts as she begins to run and everyone else follows to go after Carol. "Carol!" Daryl shouts and Jane pulls out her blade from her boot just incase.