𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
"To The Past"
——

Negan works on rebuilding in Alexandria with Barbara while Jane sits on the steps with Roslyn by her side

Negan works on rebuilding in Alexandria with Barbara while Jane sits on the steps with Roslyn by her side. "Mom" Roslyn calls out and Jane clears her throat looking down at her daughter. "That man. Negan..." Roslyn trails off and Jane tenses at the sound of his name. "Is he a bad man?" Roslyn asks and Jane watches as Negan helps fix up Alexandria.

"You stay away from him, okay? He's not important to you" Jane states and Roslyn nods her head before Maggie and Hershel walk up joining them. "Wanna join us on our walk?" Maggie asks and Jane smiles, taking Maggie up on her offer and walking beside her on the side walk while Roslyn and Hershel run a few steps ahead.

As Maggie and Jane, Jane looks in the direction of Negan and Barbara who are fixing up Alexandria after the whisperers ruined it. Negan grabs a hammer and starts slamming a nail into the building and with every hit Negan sends to that nail, Janes mind flashes back to that horrible night...

"I think first impressions are important. I need you to know me. So..." Negan says as he raises Lucille and gets a good look at her. "back to it..." He says then slams Lucille down on Glenn's head twice. "No!" Jane screams and Glenn manages to sit up again and it is revealed the force of the blows has dented his skull and dislodged one of his eyes. Jane widens her eyes and her breathing becomes uneven as she looks at her husband with such horror. "Glenn! N-No!" Jane cries out as she lets out loud sobs as she watches her husband try to speak.

"Jane, I'm s-sorry— Sorry I didn't get to l-love you for—ever".

Jane opens her eyes letting out rapid breaths. "Hey" Maggie calls out as she places a hand on her shoulder, startling her a little bit. "You alright?" Maggie asks and Jane nods her head slowly and imagines that bat in Negans hands hitting the love of her life over and over again.

12 YEARS AGO

"Hello... Lucille. I'm Dr. Robins and this is my specialist Jane Monroe but you can call her Dr." Dr. Robins says as she walks to Lucille's seat. "Hello" Lucille greets, taking Janes hand in hers. Dr. Robins start typing on her computer, leaving that the only sound filling the room besides monitors beeping.

"Alright!" Dr. Robins calls out as she quickly writes down a few things on Lucille's file. "We want to get you started on chemo and Dr. Monroe is here to help you, if that's okay with you" Dr. Robins states and Lucille nods her head, agreeing with Dr. Robins. "She's all yours, Monroe" Robins mumbles before she leaves the room.

Jane lifts up the sleeve of Lucille's arm while she rests in her chair looking around nervously at the other chemo sessions going on. "It's always scary the first time. Kind of like reality hits" Jane explains as she uses a alcohol wipe to clean Lucille's arm. "Yeah, I'm kind of nervous. My husband was supposed to be here" Lucille groans as she looks down at her phone not seeing a text, call or even a voicemail from her said husband.