𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
"Lines We Cross"
——

Two walkers wash up on shore and Judith cuts one down while Roslyn uses her silenced weapon and shoots the other one before re-joining Michonne, Jane, Daryl, and the others in a combat training exercise on the Oceanside beach

Two walkers wash up on shore and Judith cuts one down while Roslyn uses her silenced weapon and shoots the other one before re-joining Michonne, Jane, Daryl, and the others in a combat training exercise on the Oceanside beach. Aaron leads a shield-wielding front line to a washed-up boat where Jerry and Ezekiel repeatedly open the hatch to let walkers out in waves. In an organized effort, the archers take out the first wave, the spear-wielders the second, and the melee weapons third, which is Jane's group. The walkers quickly break down the door, "Get ready!" Jane shouts as the walkers scatter out.

When a couple walkers get close to Jane she swings the axe of her Halberd and kills them all one by one. "Ah!" Jane grunts as she kicks a walker down and Magna uses her weapon to smash its head in.

The walkers get close to the army and the shields in the front line leave an opening and Roslyn tosses her knife up at one of the walkers head, killing it
instantly and soon the army finishes them off.

Later on, the group prepares some materials at the Oceanside settlement. While Jane was bringing over a bucket of fish Silas ran over to her taking it out of her hands. "Why thank you" Jane says as she wipes her wet hands on her jeans. "Looked like you could use the help" Silas says and Jane furrows her eyebrows, "You think I can't carry things by myself?" Jane asks and Silas shakes his head frantically and stammers over his words.

"No— No— I meant. I just meant—" Silas stops as he sees the large smile spread across Jane's face. "You're joking. Aren't you?" Silas asks and Jane chuckles nodding her head. "Yeah, I'm joking" Jane says before she shakes her head in laughter and leaves Silas to carry the bucket of fish back to be skinned so they'll be cooked.

Michonne and Daryl laud the results of their training sessions. Nearby, Judith, Roslyn and R.J. play with some shells that R.J. found. As they dump out their seashells in the sand, a Whisperer mask falls out.

SKIN

Aaron radios Gabriel at Alexandria to warn him about the mask, suggesting they go on lockdown. Michonne instead advises they stay vigilant while they split up and look for more signs of the Whisperers. "I agree, we only seen a mask. No person" Jane states as she stands up against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest. The group hasn't seen or heard of the whisperers for a while now but they have always been on alert just in case. Everyone was starting to get used to not having them around. This could cause chaos and that is not what Hilltop or any other community needs right now.

Jane rides on her horse along with Michonne, Aaron, Silas, Ivy and other people that they brought along so everyone could spilt up. Jane and Ivy rode with Aaron and Michonne while Silas rode with Yumiko, Magna, and Luke. Jane sees a walker ahead and kills it as she rides past.