𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
"The Good In People"
——

The rest of the dynamite immediately explodes and the cave implodes, trapping Magna and Connie inside

"No, no no. No!" Jane screams as she drops to her knees and tears immediately slide down her face. "Magna! N-No!" Jane sobs as Aaron walks over to Jane holds close as tears stain her face in agony.

That moment replayed in Janes head over and over again as she sat in her office staring down at the ground where her and Magna shared their first kiss. Jane tapped her fingers on the wooden desk in front of her wanting time to go by faster so she could finally go out and lead this community like she has to do. But with losing Glenn... losing Rick and now losing Magna , Jane begins to think she's cursed like everyone she's ever loved is bound to leave or die somehow and someway.

The only person Jane has let even step foot in her office is Ashton and Roslyn because she feels like they are the only two people who are forced not to leave her.

"Jane!" Alden called out from outside and Jane clears her throat looking out the window towards the lookout post Alden and Earl are on, constructing defenses on the Hilltop's walls. Jane notices someone riding up towards Hilltop but she can't get a good look on who it is so she finds the courage to go outside and face her community because after all she is a leader.

Jane climbs up on the lookout post and grabs the binoculars from Alden and looks out into the distance and realizes that it's Alexandrians like Aaron, RJ and Judith riding up. But as Jane continues to look over everyone in the wagon she sees a women she has never seen before.

"Who's that women?" Jane asks as she pulls the binoculars away from her eyes and looks over to Alden and Earl who both shrug their shoulders. "Not a clue, boss. Never seen her before" Alden informs and Jane scoffs as she looks through the binoculars yet again. "They take in another stray?" Jane questions as Aaron and the rest of his people ride up.

"Open the gates" Jane orders and the people on lookout open the gates for Aaron to pass through. Jane, Alden and Earl climb down from their post and meet up with Aaron in the middle of Hilltop. "Hey, how you doing?" Aaron asks as he pulls Jane in for a hug which she hesitantly gives back. "I'm fine" Jane says as Aaron slowly and awkwardly pulls away from the hug.

"Auntie Jane!" RJ calls out as him and Judith run towards Jane giving her a hug. "Hey!" Jane cheers, putting a smile for the kids. "You've gotten so big" Jane says as she takes a look at RJ and sees Gracie peak around the horses. "Gracie?" Jane asks as she looks to Aaron who smiles and nods.

"What are they playing?" RJ asks as he points to Ashton and Roslyn in the distance. Jane tilts her head and looks at Ashton and Roslyn who have tennis rackets but it doesn't look like they're playing tennis. "Tennis? Volleyball? Uh... I don't know, go check it out" Jane urges and Gracie, RJ and Judith quickly run over to play with both Ashton and Roslyn.