𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
"The Commonwealth"
——

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE"The Commonwealth"——

30 days. It is Day 30 of Janes new life in the Commonwealth. "Mom!" Roslyn called out as her and Magna walked over to her. "Me and Magna just petted chickens" Roslyn cheers as she points to the petting zoo the commonwealth has. "They have a petting zoo?" Jane whispers to Magna who smiles and nods her head. "Crazy, right? This place is just like the old world" Magna fantasizes as she looks around the community. Jane could tell Magna really was enjoying her time here, especially with her new job.

Jane had a job which was just like her old one. She was a virologist again. Not officially, since it's been so long they have Jane going through the training process yet again. Jane felt as if she was training at the CDC yesterday and Dr. Jenner was correcting the other co workers to call Jane Dr instead of treating her like a child.

A girl named Mei introduces herself to Judith and Roslyn and offers to show them around. Roslyn looks to Jane for permission and Jane nods her head, happy to see Roslyn making friends. "Come here" Magna says as she brings Jane over to the cookie stand, grabbing her a cookie that's shaped like a pumpkin.

"Why thank you" Jane thanks before taking a bite of the cookie, taking in the sweet flavor which is a taste she hasn't had in a really really long time. "What do you think about this place overall?" Magna asks as she takes Janes hand in hers and begins walking side by side, watching Judith and Roslyn from a distance.

"Hard getting used to all of this. It's crazy how good they got it here" Jane states, looking around, feeling as the bright sun beams onto her skin. "Maybe we won't have to do anything to make this place work because they got everything handled" Magna suggests before taking a piece of Janes cookie.

"I thought the same about a lot of places over the years" Jane mumbles to herself before looking to Silas in the distance. He was sitting on a staircase by himself, looking around at all the fun the kids and parents were having even though it was hard for him to smile these days. Not after what happened to Ashton but he knew Ashton would want him to be protected and this place was the place to do so.

Suddenly, everyone claps as Governor Pamela Milton joins the carnival. "Happy Halloween!" Pamela cheers as she throws candy in the air, letting the kids have at it. "What? You don't want to go grab the candy?" Rosita jokes as she walks over to Silas while holding Coco in her arms. "Not today" Silas plays along before looking down at the ground tiredly.

"You know people who have a really fun time hooking up don't look so sad about it" Rosita sighs as she takes a seat next to Silas on the staircase. "No, I—". "I understand. I'm just joking" Rosita interrupts, understanding that seeing everyone else happy makes him wonder why Ashton couldn't be here to see it.

"You still going to go to work right?" Rosita asks and Silas nods his head as he rubs his hands on his pants stressfully. "Who's gonna watch Coco?" Silas asks and watches as Rosita looks over at Eugene. "Oh, right" Silas says before Eugene awkwardly walks over, grabbing Coco so Rosita and Silas can head to work along with Daryl.