𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
"No Hesitation"
——

The survivors have taken shelter at an abandoned hospital, referred to as the Tower because they know the whisperers are coming for them

The survivors have taken shelter at an abandoned hospital, referred to as the Tower because they know the whisperers are coming for them. Luke is fiddling around with some wires, stressed that everybody is counting on him, while Jules encourages him. Luke then announces that he needs someone to run an errand for him, for which Carol volunteers.

Jane and Daryl were out scouting the woods together. Daryl attempts to radio Michonne, cautioning her not to return home but receives no answer back. "Why isn't she answering?" Jane asks as she looks around the woods with her hand on her gun incase of an attack.

Daryl tells Michonne, over the radio, that they have a plan to end the war, and reminisces how being on the run reminds him of the old gang. Alas, he receives no reply.

Back at the Tower, Roslyn approaches Lydia, who is petting a cat. "Woah" Roslyn breathes out as she bends down beside Lydia and pets the cat with her. "I'm sorry about your mom" Roslyn says as the cat travels around the large room. "You don't have to be. You're just a kid" Lydia says as she calls the cat over and continues to pet it.

"But that's sad. Losing a mother doesn't sound okay" Roslyn explains as she turns her head looking over to Lydia who sends her a sad smile. "You don't miss her? I would miss mine" Roslyn says sadly as she looks back down at the cat.

"I don't know how to feel. But, not everyone gets to have a mom like yours. A good one" Lydia states and Roslyn nods her head slightly understanding that people grow up differently and some just aren't lucky.

In the woods, Judith downs a lone walker, just as Daryl and Jane discovers her. When Daryl finds out Judith is alone, he tries to take her back to the Tower, but Judith protests. "I hate it up there. Smells like cat pee" Judith says and Jane sighs as noises are heard in the woods and Jane immediately puts her hand on her gun seeing someone come out from the trees but quickly places her gun back in her holster once she realizes it's Roslyn.

"Judith isn't lying. It stinks and everyone is so sad" Roslyn agrees and Jane shakes her head disappointingly. "Roslyn, you can't just leave like that. Not at a time like this" Jane states and Roslyn shrugs her shoulders feeling upset even though she just wanted to make sure her mom was okay.

"I told her to come with me because... we want to leave what you guys do. How to keep us safe. In case something happens" Judith explains and Jane looks between Roslyn and Judith then looks over at Daryl who sends her a nod thinking it's not such a bad idea that they want to survive and keep people safe because it's what they do. Well, Daryl more than anyone but Jane knows a few things.

Daryl explains that he and Jane will walk the perimeter and look for anything out of the ordinary, and if they spots something, they'll  retreat and radio it in. Jane warns both Judith and Roslyn  that there is no room for mistakes, which they acknowledges understanding the orders. "Come on" Jane says and Judith and Roslyn form a smile on their face as they walk to Jane and Daryl.