𝙨𝙞𝙭

CHAPTER SIX
"Apologies"
——
*short chapter I'm sorry*

Jane and Maggie were at the garden with Eduardo, one of the residents of Hilltop and Maggie was giving him gardening tips while Jane watched, trying to learn a few things

Jane and Maggie were at the garden with Eduardo, one of the residents of Hilltop and Maggie was giving him gardening tips while Jane watched, trying to learn a few things. "You have to cover this with a tarp" Maggie informs and Eduardo furrows his eyebrows. "You want warmth so they'll put out shoots before the fast freeze" Maggie states and Jane nods her head as she helps dig a hole for the plants. "What she means is get to tarping" Jane jokes as she hands Eduardo the small shovel with a small smile on her face.

"Wait, I'm not a farmer" Eduardo mentions as Jane and Maggie start walking away. "I think you got it just fine" Jane says as she rest her hand on her stomach. Maggie tells Eduardo her plan to transplant a blueberry bush from outside the Hilltop gates. She explains blueberry bushes can produce for over 40 years, and that they should start acting like they'll be around that long and Jane notices Gregory listening.

"Is there a problem?" Jane asks as she tilts her head looking over at Gregory who shakes his head and goes back to reading his book. "Come on. We don't have to terrorize him every-time" Maggie assures as she rests her hand on Jane's shoulder before the two of them leave the gardening area together. "Care to join me plant this blueberry bush?" Maggie asks and Jane smiles and nods her head.

Maggie and Jane go outside the wall with their own gardening tools and begin to plant the blueberry bush on their own. "It's alright if you don't want to do this. You could watch how things are going in there" Maggie offers and Jane shakes her head as she begins to dig. "I need something to do. Something to get my mind off things or I'm afraid I'm going to go crazy if I haven't already" Jane mumbles as she looks down at the plant and soon Gregory joins the two women outside.

"Hm, never seen you out here before" Maggie says. "Well, I built these walls to use them. If I want greenery, I eat a salad" Gregory jokes but no one seems to laugh. "Why are you here? We're minding our business" Jane asks as she squints her eyes from the sun and looks up at Gregory. "I wanted to talk to you both. Then you guys came out here alone and I was concerned" Gregory points out and Jane scoffs. "We're not alone, we have each other and I don't know why you would be concerned when we are both very capable of taking care of ourselves" Jane remarks as she hands her shovel to Maggie who continues the work.

"I'm just wondering— why you guys are still here. Carson's gone so he can't help—". "I heard you were gonna get him back. That not true?" Maggie states as she looks over at Gregory. "Or was it just another lie you tell your people to make you feel better about yourself while you down a whole bottle in your office?" Jane asks as she stands to her feet wiping the dirt off her jeans. "Okay— You gotta start trusting me. People are tense, they're worried. Everybody'd be a hell of a lot better if we could present a united front" Gregory advises and Jane scoffs as she crosses her arms over her chest.

"It would be a lot easier if we actually were a united front" Maggie argues. "I need to be more open with working with you two. I apologize. I never intended for things between us to come to this point" Gregory says as he looks between Maggie and Jane. "I appreciate that" Maggie accepts and Jane shakes her head. "I don't—". "Jane—" Maggie tries to calm down but Jane is clearly to upset. "No. I'll accept an apology when I can't smell vodka coming from you" Jane says as she looks Gregory up and down. "I'm going back inside the walls" Jane informs as she pushes past Gregory, bumping his shoulder before she starts making her way back towards inside the walls of Hilltop.

Once Jane was inside the walls, she went straight to Glenn and Joslyn's graves and sat down in between them so she could take a breath. "I can't do this" Jane whispers to herself as she pushes her bangs out of her face and closes her eyes while breathing in and out.

"Babe, I'm gonna go get him and Joslyn alright?" Glenn states as he runs past Jane and starts making his way towards the van. "What? Glenn!" Jane calls out and grabs his arm before he enters the van. "I love you" Jane says before she places her lips onto Glenn's and pulls away letting him get into the van. "I love you too" Glenn says.

"Mm" Jane mumbles as she recalls the last loving interaction they had before her night changed forever.

"No! No! No! Joslyn! Please!" Jane screams as she tries to rush towards Joslyn but is tossed to the ground and held back by her arms. Joslyn drops to her knees while her hands wrap around her throat, "It's— Okay. I'm Okay"

"No.." Jane whispers to herself as she holds her head in her hands thinking of all the blood that left her sisters body as she dropped to the ground. Jane opens her eyes and looks down at her sisters and husband's grave and all she sees is red. She wants to kill Negan and all of his people and watch the life leave their eyes. She wants to make them suffer like she did. She wants them to lose their will to live... just like her.

Jane notices the rocks on all three graves are messed so she fixes them and looks down at them before gripping Joslyn's necklace and the necklace Glenn got her in her hands. It was time for war. A war Jane had to win or... or what you might ask. That's the answer to a question Jane never wanted to find out.

WORD COUNT: 1025

WORD COUNT: 1025