𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
"Parenting 101"

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT"Parenting 101"

Dying is apart of life. It's been that way even before the world fell. But it's not something someone should get used to. There's more to the world than just surviving. There is people you can trust, people to remember forever. But death happens when you least expect it and you can either accept it or let it tear you apart. At the end of the day, the ones who go or the ones who die... are never really gone. Remember their voices, the way they looked, the way they made you feel is how you can keep them alive. You have to believe...

"Let him go now!" One of the troopers orders as Daryl continues to hold Hornsby hostage. "Drop the knife or we will shoot!" Another troopers demands and Jane keeps her hands on her hand gun and looks around at the swarm of troopers surrounding the group, ready to shoot either of them if they try anything.

"Everyone stand down!" Someone shouts abruptly, making Jane furrows her eyebrows in confusion as Mercer, Pamela, Carol and Negan arrive at the scene. Jane looks over to Ivy, looking at scared expression on her face and Jane wonders if Ivy ever wanted this to happen. If her statement about wanting to kill her was true. The real Ivy, the Ivy Ashton loved and cared for, is still in there. Jane just has to show her that or... she doesn't know what she'll have to do.

Meanwhile, Daryl pins Hornsby to a wall with his knife at his throat. Pamela orders him to lower the weapon since she needs Hornsby alive, but he refuses. "Dixon, drop the knife" Mercer orders and Daryl scoffs in disbelief, "You choosing this price of shit?" Daryl says as his knife stays pressed up against Hornsby's throat, allowing him to squirm while Mercer informs Daryl that if he was truly on the commonwealths side, Daryl would've already been dead.

"Do what you fucking gotta do" Daryl states before Carol rushes up forward and says she made a deal for them which gets them all out of the situation unharmed, but they need Hornsby alive for it to work. "A deal?" Jane questions, "I'll explain later, but we have to let him go" Carol argues before Daryl finally obliges and lets Hornsby go.

However, Jane doesn't think Hornsby should be going away without harm. She walks over, hitting Hornsby in the top of the head with the butt of her hand gun and grabs onto his collar, holding him upright before slamming him back up against the same wall, staring him down.

"Your daughter is Roslyn, right?" Hornsby asked, making Janes eyebrows twitch with concern as he says her name. "It's a shame Leah didn't get the job done" Hornsby declares as he breathes heavily, licking his bottom lip as his lips curve into a smirk.

"What a shame—" Jane says before she slam Hornsby's hand down and stabs it hard with his knife. Hornsby screams in pain before Jane removes the knife, and looks down at Hornsby who watches her in horror. "Don't you ever mention my daughter again" Jane concludes, stating that he'll live before holstering her knife and walking away.

________________________

Jane stands outside with the rest of the group, cleaning the blood off of her knife as the grip gathers with Carol, wanting to hear the sudden deal she made.