𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER SEVEN
"Acceptance"
——

Sasha, Maggie, and Jane sit next to each other in a field and watch the sunset

Sasha, Maggie, and Jane sit next to each other in a field and watch the sunset. Sasha looks over at Jane then over at Maggie while they look ahead at the sunset, admiring the view. Together...

"So we don't have Oceanside, but we have their guns. And Negan has Sasha" Maggie informs as her and Jane stand together while reviewing over Rick's plan with Jesus and Enid at Hilltop. "Daryl says we can trust Dwight and Rick wants us to stay her incase things go downhill. Make the Saviors think they have another safe place to control but..." Jane trails off as she looks to Maggie. "But he doesn't know that Gregory's gone... that maybe he's telling them things that'll make them think something else" Maggie says as she looks between Enid and Jesus.

Jesus lets out a sigh and looks around the room. "It's all about to happen" Jesus says as Jane taps her fingers on her forearm as she looks outside the office window. "You guys are thinking of leading the Hilltop over there to fight" Enid states as she notices the way Maggie and Jane are acting. "We've considered it, yes" Jane agrees as she looks at Enid.

"If Negan finds out they're planning something, they're gonna need help, even with those Scavengers on their side" Maggie states while Jane nods in agreement. "Well, you'd have to decide right now, and it's a very tough decision" Jesus says as he looks to Jane and Maggie knowing they're able to make the tough decisions and lead the Hilltop to
the best of their ability. "Is there a reason you're smiling?" Jane asks as she locks eyes with Jesus and he remarks that he's happy there both the ones making the tough decisions.

Judith coos while she sits down on the carpet of the  office, playing with her toys. Jane looks down at Judith and a smile forms on her face and begins to notice Judith is starting to look like Lori more and more everyday.

Soon, Jesus and Enid leave the office with Judith leaving just Maggie and Jane together. "I say we help and catch them by surprise" Jane suggests as she takes a seat in one of the chairs. "I agree but things could go wrong" Maggie rebuttals. "They always do but with the gun power we have and with Kingdom on our side we can do this" Jane states as she looks to Maggie who takes a seat across from her. "We know where the Kingdom will be so why not meet up with them?" Jane questions as she leans forward in her seat.

"Once we hear things going wrong... which they will. We enter. Catch them by surprise and take as much people down as we can. We won't get them all today but we can hit them where it hurts" Jane rants as she looks to Maggie. "Who will watch Hilltop?" Maggie asks. "Things here will be calm if the Saviors come they'll think they still have control while our group sneaks to Alexandria. We have to try. We promised each other we could fight so that's what we need to do" Jane states as she looks to Maggie who reaches her hand out and places it on Jane's.

"We fight" Maggie says agreeing with the plan to go to Alexandria.

Back at Alexandria, A Scavenger alerts everyone about the Saviors' arrival. Rick assumes his position at the front gate, with Jadis crouching by his feet, hidden from view. Negan's caravan arrives. Eugene steps out and tries to convince Rick to surrender. Rick hesitates, stricken by Eugene's betrayal, and asks where Negan is. "I'm Negan," Eugene replies. Rick then gives Rosita the signal to detonate the explosives. Rosita pushes the detonator, but there is no explosion. Before Rick can reach for his gun, Jadis leaps up and aims her gun at Rick. Simultaneously, the Scavengers all turn their guns on the Alexandrians. Negan emerges from a truck and taunts Rick as his Saviors open the truck that holds the explosives.