𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
"Jesus"
——

Jane was teaching Silas how to tend to a garden and he wasn't doing very good which made Jane laugh at his failure

Jane was teaching Silas how to tend to a garden and he wasn't doing very good which made Jane laugh at his failure. "Really?" Silas asks as he looks to Jane who shakes her head while laughing. "Sorry, you're not very good at this. Maybe gardening isn't your thing" Jane says as Tammy comes up and takes the small shovel away from Silas. "I agree, scoot" Tammy says and Jane pulls Silas out of Tammy's way, knowing how much she cares about the garden. "It's best if you just scoot" Jane says as she removes her gloves and tosses them on the ground somewhere along with Silas's.

"I wanted to thank you for inviting us here. I know Sydney and Willow kind of roughed you up a bit but you still gave us a chance" Silas says and Jane looks to him as she shields her eyes from the bright sun above. "Of course, even though Sydney and Willow don't seem to like me very much. I've been there. Not knowing who to trust" Jane explains as her and Silas walk side by side through Hilltop.

"Riders are coming!" Someone shouts and Jane furrows her eyebrows as she grabs her gun from her holster. "You need help?" Silas asks and Jane nods her head. "Sure, get your people and make sure they have weapons" Jane says as she pats Silas back and Silas rushes to find his people. "Roslyn!" Jane shouts as she rushes over to Roslyn, Ashton and a bunch of other kids playing. "I need you to go to your room and stay there just like we talked about" Jane says. "I want to help—". "Not today, Roslyn go" Jane orders and Roslyn sighs and starts running towards the Barrington house.

"I can watch her if you want, she's a great kid" Ashton says and Jane smiles at him before nodding her head. "Thank you" Jane says before Ashton grabs a bunch of the others kids and takes them to the Barrington house along with Roslyn while a bunch of other people from the community run inside.

Jane rushes up to the outpost along with Tara, a few members of Hilltop and Silas's group. "Dianne, how many?" Jane asks as she looks up to Dianne who looks through her binoculars. "Six" Dianne calls out and Jane sighs and furrows her eyebrows in confusion as Dianne's determined face drops into a slightly upset one. "No, wait..." Dianne says as she turns to Jane with a disappointment look and Jane scoffs, knowing who it is and slips her gun back in her holster. "Make them put their weapons away at the gate" Jane says coldly as she walks towards the gate waiting for them to enter.

From the guard post, Dianne makes them all surrender their weapons before entering. Michonne, Siddiq and another group enter Hilltop and Jane and Tara look at them coldly. "Where's Jesus?" Michonne asks as Jane rests her arm on her gun in her holster. "Our with the search party looking for Eugene" Tara states and Michonne furrows her eyebrows looking to Tara while Jane takes a look at the group standing behind Michonne and a certain member had caught her eye, Janes face started to heat up and the dirty blonde noticed, her lip's curled up noticing how Jane examined her.