𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

CHAPTER TWENTY
"Wake up"
——

Jane was holding Roslyn in her arms as she walked around her office trying to get Roslyn down for a nap before she went on her trip to Alexandria

Jane was holding Roslyn in her arms as she walked around her office trying to get Roslyn down for a nap before she went on her trip to Alexandria. "I can do it. You go" Lisa says and Jane looks down at Roslyn who's wide awake. "I remember to rub her head and shush her to sleep" Lisa says and Jane smiles before she kisses the top of Roslyn's head and gently hands her over to Lisa. Suddenly, a knock is heard at the door and Jane quickly grabbed her back pack full of supplies and went to grab her gun and crowbar off the bookshelf but the crowbar wasn't there anymore.

"Coming" Jane called out to the person behind the door knocking as she looked at the book shelf confusingly before walking towards the door and opening it, seeing Jesus. "Oh, hey" Jane greets before she waves Roslyn and Lisa goodbye and walks out the office. "Going somewhere?" Jesus asks and Jane looks to him as she puts her back pack on. "Yeah, I'm heading to Alexandria" Jane answers as she places her gun in holster.

"Do you by any chance know where the crowbar is?" Jane asks while she starts to walk towards the steps and Jesus quickly steps in front of her making Jane furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Yeah... Maggie took it" Jesus answers. "Why? What did she need it for?" Jane asks as she looks Jesus in his eyes starting to get concerned. "She needed it for Negan" Jesus answers and Jane's jaw practically drops out of shock. "What the hell are you talking about?" Jane questions as she looks to Jesus and hears the gates of Hilltop opening. "What—" Jane stutters as she goes to the window and sees Maggie walking out the gates of Hilltop with a backpack and crowbar in her hand.

"Did you seriously come here to distract me?" Jane questions as she whips her head to face Jesus. "Maggie begged me too. I'm sorry" Jesus says and Jane scoffs. "Jesus— no. You have to let me go after her" Jane says as she walks up to Jesus who steps in front of her yet again. "I can't". "You can. Jesus, she can't do this" Jane states. "And neither can you" Jesus says and Jane shakes her head slowly out of disbelief. "I can't let her do this... not for me. She'll regret it" Jane says. "And I can't let you do it" Jesus states and Jane scoffs as she tries to walk past Jesus but he steps in front of her.

"She's my best friend and I am not gonna let her do this because she feels like she has to because she doesn't, okay? So, Jesus I am begging you get the hell out of my way or I swear to god I will push you down these steps and make it look like an accident" Jane demands and her and Jesus stand in silence for a while before he swallows a large lump in his throat and looks around in fear. "She can't do this!" Jane shouts angrily and Jesus nods his head and moves out of Jane's way. Jane waste no time and sprints down the steps.

"Michonne!" Jane shouts as she arrives at the Alexandria gates. "We were told not to let you in" Someone calls out from one of the look out post. "Get Michonne then" Jane says and Michonne arrives at the gate, opening it a little. "You're here for Maggie" Michonne states and Jane nods her head frantically. "I gave her the keys to his cell already..." Michonne states and Jane looks at her in disbelief. "Let me in" Jane demands and Michonne doesn't even move an inch so Jane grabs the gate and pushes it open and pushes right past Michonne.