𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
"Bright side vs. Dark side"

The world wasn't always like this

The world wasn't always like this. Having to kill, fight, and compromise your way into surviving and keeping the ones you love safe. The world was once beautiful even though we didn't realize it at the time... it was. And after the world fell, family was the only thing that kept you going because without it... you felt worthless. Like you didn't deserve to live in a dying world and that caused you to choose sides. The bright side, or the dark side.

And let me tell you... the dark won...

"Agh!" Jane grunts as she slams her knife into the head of walker while Maggie and Daryl do the same. Behind Jane, a walker lifts his hand, about to her grab ahold of her but she swiftly ducks and kicks the walker in the back of the leg, causing it to fall onto the ground before she stabs it in the head which kills it instantly.

Inside the abandoned building, Daryl, Jane and Maggie have just finished dispatching walkers while in hiding from Hornsby and his troopers. They hear the gunshots from the troopers guns and hear their loud footsteps stomping on the concrete. Jane looks out the small vent and sees the troopers huddled around Lance and Ivy as they desperately search for the 3 of them and more.

Jane shakes her head as she holsters her knife. "I still don't understand why Ivy would work with him. What does he have that she wants?" Jane questions to herself as she thinks back to when they came back to Alexandria and had Ashton's body wrapped in a white cloth because of what had happened to him. Ivy was never the same, but it seems she hasn't got to hear the full story.

"How many do they got?" Maggie asks, wondering how many troopers are around. "Don't matter. Gonna take 'em out one by one" Daryl states to which Jane silently agrees before they hear a door open in the distance and immediately get in hiding spots as the footsteps get closer and closer.

Jane grabs her knife out of her holster and grips it in her hand, ready to kill whoever walks through the door and once she sees a pair of feet walk in, she jumps out of her hiding spot and lunges towards the person until the person in front of her quickly grabs her wrist and stares into her eyes, allowing Jane to see its Magna.

"Jesus" Jane sighs before Gabriel walks in, "he's not here right now" Gabriel jokes as he lets out a breath of relief as Aaron, Negan and Annie walk in after them. Jane slowly drops her hands while Maggie and Jane look to see if anyone else is coming. "Um, our children?" Jane asks before Maggie and Jane are reassured they're safely with Elijah, Silas, and the others from Riverbend.

"We're here to take out the two shitheads and there sickles brigade" Negan says, "One shithead. We aren't killing Ivy" Jane corrects, to which Negan nods his head although he doesn't quite agree with her plan, but follows along.