𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
"Trust Issues"
——

In Meridian, Carver tortures Frost and demands to know where his people are

In Meridian, Carver tortures Frost and demands to know where his people are. Frost says nothing. "This bother you?" Pope asks and immediately looks over to Silas who looks away from him because every time he hears his voice and sees his face he thinks back to what Pope did to his family. How he killed them without a care in the world. "We've done worse" Daryl answers for both of them while Frost continues screaming in the background.

"Why don't you take a turn, then?" Pope asks but it was clear he wasn't giving Daryl much of an option. "Speed things up for me" Pope orders as he opens the door to the room where Carver is doing his torture.

"I'm up" Daryl says as he walks in the room but Carver immediately hates the idea. Silas tries to go in next until Pope places a hand on his chest, not letting him in the room. "Not you" Pope declares as he pushes Silas out of the doorway and closes it, leaving them two in the hall.

"Why not?" Silas asks as he slowly backs away from Pope who rests his hands in-front of him. "You remember me" Pope states and not as a question. "Yeah," Silas answers. "I remember you" He adds making Pope smile slightly before looking into the room seeing Daryl put Frost in a chokehold and orders him to give up his friends' location. Frost refuses.

"Don't look happy to see me, son" Pope says and those words leaving his mouth cause Silas to hall his fist up angrily. "I'm not your son" Silas mumbles and watches as Pope steps closer and closer to him, trying to intimidate him but Silas wasn't afraid, not anymore. "You see, I believe in fate. I believe in god. I think fate brought us back together but I believe god will make us stronger" Pope says as he interlocks his own hands together. "That's what he tell you?" Silas asks, slightly mocking Pope's faith.

"Yeah, he told me that because I believe. All those years ago, you didn't. That's why your family—". "You don't get to talk about my family. Not about my father, my sister, my brother" Silas argues as he steps towards Pope, defending his family's name. "Ahh!" Frost screams loudly in the room after Daryl chops off his finger and again demands to know the location of his friends. This time, Frost finally reveals the location of the supply depot and Pope overhears.

"I think it's best you stay on my good side... son" Pope taunts before he swings open the door and walks in while Frost is screaming in agony. Pope then dispatches Leah to scout the location with a crew of Reapers and wants Daryl and Silas to tag along.

Daryl, Silas, Leah, Carver, and a crew of Reapers approach the supply depot. "We gotta figure out how to signal to them" Daryl whispers to Silas as they wander off alone. "Are we sure they're in there?" Silas asks and Daryl nods their head. "They gotta be" Daryl answers and Silas nods his head, going with whatever Daryl says as Leah and her people start to approach the house. Daryl quietly shakes a hanging telephone wire to warn Maggie and the rest of their arrival.

"Maggie, Maggie. We gotta go" Jane says as she looks out the window. "Why?" Maggie asks as she comes up beside Jane and notices the signal. "Jane, what's going on?" Ashton asks as Jane starts to grab their things. "We have to hide" Jane says quietly as she pushes Ashton towards the hiding spot before the Reapers burst into the supply depot and search the house but no one seems to be home.