Before I could do anything, the queen started to walk off with Hugging Bear resting its head on her shoulder, looking at me with a sad expression. Sorry, I couldn’t save you.

Once we arrived at the kitchen, Zelef-san closed and locked the door.

Eh, what was going on?

"This is to prevent information from leaking."

Zelef-san answered my unsaid question.

There was indeed nobody else in the kitchen besides us.

"Whenever I’m making the food that you taught me, I always lock the door to prevent people from barging in."

"Aren’t there other chefs that would want to come here?"

"This is my personal kitchen, so no other chefs will be coming here."

Was it like this to prevent people from poisoning the royal family’s food?

If there were a lot of people in the kitchen, it would be difficult to figure out who added the poison. They had probably made this kitchen for the head chef only in order to prevent that from happening.

"Also, this kitchen was arranged as a place for me to make your recipes, and only I’m allowed to use it."

Did I hear him right?

It would make sense for this place to be his private kitchen to make meals for the royal family, but he said this was just a place where he could make my food? Unbelievable.

Had they made this kitchen just to prevent the recipes from leaking? Well, that would explain why there hadn’t been any leaks so far…

Still, weren’t the royal family members’ lives more important than my recipes leaking out?

Maybe I should just pretend I hadn’t heard it…

I took all the required ingredients and utensils for making a cake out of the Bear Box and started to make it while explaining the process to Zelef-san, who was following along and taking notes. He asked some questions from time to time, but we progressed without much of a problem.

I wondered if Princess Flora and the queen were enjoying themselves. After all, all they did was watch me bake.

Partway through, Anju-san also joined in after she was done tidying up the garden.

"I see, so this is how it’s made. I have to say, you are indeed a skilled chef, Yuna-dono."

"I am?"

"I think you’re amazing, given how young you are. Even if I were to compare you to my subordinates, your skills are in no way inferior to theirs."

"You can’t compare her to your subordinate, Zelef."

"I didn’t do such a thing. Also, those who have gathered here are all capable of making food for the royal family and the nobles. In a way, they are all good chefs."

When he mentioned his subordinates, I immediately imagined them to be his apprentices, but it seemed like it was different in this castle.

Anyway, I didn’t really know whether I was amazing or not, but I could understand that he was praising me for my cooking skills.

"Bear-san is amazing?"

Princess Flora inquired.

"Yes, she is amazing."

"I agree, she truly is amazing."

Zelef-san and the queen both answered her.

"Bear-san, you’re amazing!"