I then made her sit down, cut off a slice of the shortcake and put it in front of her.

I also didn’t forget to add a glass of fruit juice.

"So, this is a shortcake?"

"Yep. Eat it and tell me how it is."

"What is this white stuff?"

"It’s cream. It’s sweet and delicious."

Fina timidly pierced a piece of the cake with the fork and brought it to her mouth.

Was she scared of putting an unknown thing in her mouth?

After eating a mouthful of cake, her expression changed, though.

"It’s delicious!"

Fina said and took another mouthful.

"Big Sis Yuna, it’s delicious. So sweet and soft."

Fina kept eating it without stopping her hand for a single second. There was even cream around her mouth.

"I’m happy to see that you like it."

The shortcake on Fina’s plate disappeared in an instant.

When she was done, I used a handkerchief to wipe the cream around her mouth and put another slice of my shortcake onto her plate.

The cake was too big for me to eat it on my own, after all.

We haven’t even eaten half of it yet; I honestly didn’t know if the two of us could finish it.

"Big Sis Yuna, is it okay for me to eat more?"

"Yeah, there is still a lot more."

She looked at the cake with a happy smile on her face.

Fina liked it as I had expected; she was a young girl, after all.

She acted as an adult most of the time, but I was happy to see her acting her age from time to time.

After Fina finished her second slice, she showed a satisfied expression.

"Fina, if you think it’s good, others will think so as well, right?"

"Big Sis Yuna, will you add it to the menu at your shop?"

"Hmm? I don’t plan on doing that for now. I only made it because I wanted to eat it, after all."

"Really?"

Fina seemed dejected.

"What is it?"

"Well, I would be able to eat it anytime if it was on the menu at your shop, but it must be expensive, being this good, right?"

"It’s not that expensive. The most expensive ingredient were the eggs, I think? And since eggs are easy to come by these days…"

"Why won’t you sell it at the shop, then?"

"It’s not that I never plan on selling it. I just haven’t considered it yet."

She was right, though, wasn’t she? If I added it to the menu, I could eat it just by going there and wouldn’t need to make it myself.

I should probably make another cake and present it to Morin-san and the other employees. There were quite a number of them, so I would have to make a lot of shortcake.

Completely forgetting about the mithril knife, Fina and I started to make the cakes together and in a few hours, managed to get a few of them done.

Yep, they all looked delicious. We didn’t just use strawberries as a topping, but other fruits as well.

kuma Kuma Kuma BearOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara