341: Was it a dream?

December 7th - Prompt: Chains

-----------

Peter thrashed against the chains securing him to the wall as his brother was dumped on the ground a little way ahead of him.

Edmund struggled against the two men holding him, but they were strong and he was extremely weak, so he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

"You let him go!" Peter screamed. "He doesn't deserve this! Let him go!"

A man wearing a dark red cloak walked quickly into the room, followed by a man carrying an axe, and the two stopped directly in front of Edmund, but facing Peter.

"Treason comes with a price." The man in the cloak said with a smirk. "Even for former Kings."

Peter glared at the man. "You threatened Narnia, you threatened the monarchs of Narnia, the people, you were disloyal towards Aslan and posed the biggest threat to our Kingdom. You attacked us." He spat. "What my brother did was not treason, what he did was protect his country from the likes of you. What he did was Just, you are the unjust one in this situation."

The man laughed. "And look where protecting his Kingdom landed him." He chuckled, before stepping out the way.

Peter swallowed hard, able to see Edmund again, but this time his head was being held down on a wooden block, making Peter's heart skip a beat.

He pulled hard against the chains. "Let him go!" He screamed. "No! Edmund!"

Edmund couldn't keep his tears back no matter how hard he tried. He was trembling and shaking, having stopped struggling when he realised there was no way he could get away.

He went completely limp, resting his neck against the block, tears streaming down his cheeks as the two guards kept a tight hold of him.

Peter was still struggling, but it was pointless, so he just screamed.

The cloaked man nodded at the other with the axe, who moved swiftly to Edmunds side, raising the sharp weapon above his head.

"NO! EDMUND! NO! PLEASE! I BEG YOU! EDMUND! PLEASE-!"

The man waited for the go ahead, before he raised the axe a little more, and brought it down...

☆☆☆

Was it a dream?...

Or was it not?...

I guess we'll never find out...

But either way, Peter was never the same again.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆