296: Do as you're told

October 23rd - Prompt: Swordfighting

------------

"Can I please come to training with you?" Edmund sighed.

Peter turned to him. "I dunno Ed," He murmured. "Orious is getting us to use our actual swords to get used to them, you're still getting over a bad cold..."

"So?" Edmund said desperately.

Peter sighed. "So..." He breathed. "One wrong move from you - or me - because you're still not well, could be fatal."

"Neither of us could slip up enough for it to be dangerous." Edmund muttered. "Besides, Orious will be there with us anyway. And I'll be wearing my armour."

Peter bit his lip, "Armour doesn't always protect you Ed," He mumbled, and Edmund knew exactly what example he was thinking of.

"I know..."

Peter didn't look too sure. "I dunno Ed..." He mumbled.

"Please?" Edmund begged. "I'm sick of being cooped up inside."

"Yeah, trust me I know." Peter grumbled, before taking a deep breath. "Alright, but we'll take it easy. Your cold was near enough the flu, so don't overwork yourself."

Edmund nodded as he leapt from the bed, "Thank you." He said happily, running off to the bathroom to change.

Peter seemed hesitant to actually let him train, but he knew Edmund wasn't going to take no for an answer, so there was no point in trying.

He waited patiently for Edmund to return, and when he did he was in his armour, before he grabbed his sword and smiled at his brother. "Ready." He breathed.

Peter sighed, rolling his eyes playfully. "Come on then," He muttered, leading the way down to the training grounds.

Within twenty minutes they were circling each other, their swords in their hands, a grin on Edmunds face. "I'm so gonna beat you." He muttered.

Peter took a deep breath. "If you shown any signs of dizziness or otherwise, I'm stopping straight away." He told him.

Edmund rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I know." He breathed.

"You may begin when you're ready." Orious told them, and very soon after Edmund made his first move.

The two fought for a while, Orious shouting commands and suggestions at them from the side, and keeping a close eye on them as they were using their actual swords.

He kept a close eye on Edmund in particular, after being told by Peter that he suspected he still wasn't one hundred percent, but he seemed to be okay for the time being.

Ten minutes passed, and the two were getting a little tired after continuously bashing each other with swords, but they were carrying on.

Peter ducked a little to avoid Edmunds sword, before bringing his own up towards Edmunds arm.

Edmund went to step to the side, before a sudden, powerful spell of dizziness left him swaying to the side and stumbling a bit, which left him in the path of Peter's sword.

Peter saw this, and with his quick reactions was able to avoid sticking his sword into Edmunds arm, but ended up slicing through the skin a little instead.

Edmund gasped, collapsing from the dizziness and dropping his sword to grip his arm, tears springing to his eyes, but he did a good job at keeping them back. 

Peter cursed under his breath, dropping his own sword and kneeling beside his brother, noticing Orious running over.

"Ed, Ed you okay?" Peter murmured.

Edmund swallowed hard, nodding slowly.

"No you're not." Peter grumbled, grabbing his arm gently to have a look at the cut. "It's not deep." He sighed. "Oh Ed, I'm so sorry."

But Edmund shook his head. "It's not your fault." He told him, steadying himself and taking a deep breath. "I'm okay."

Peter bit his lip. "You should've listened to me Ed," He said. "You should've done as you were told in the first place."

Edmund looked a little guilty, "I'm sorry," He whispered. "I - I was just so bored inside, I wanted to do something. Oh but now you feel bad because of this!"

"Ed calm down, its okay." Peter said, and although he felt beyond guilty for what he'd done, he wiped the look off his face. "I'm okay, I promise alright? But you're not, we need to get that arm cleaned up."

Edmund nodded slowly, sighing. "It wasn't your fault Peter," He mumbled. "It was mine, alright?"

Peter hesitated, and in the end didn't answer the question. "You really need to learn to do as you're told Edmund." He breathed. "Maybe one day you'll get there."

Edmund snorted, smiling. "Not likely." He muttered, but he couldn't help but laugh softly when Peter smiled.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡