232: Aslan will protect me

August 20th - Prompt: Heartbreaking

This is inspired by a one shot that's on fanfiction.net, I've changed a few things obviously, but its inspired by... :)

----------

Peter swallowed hard as he eventually woke, groaning as his head pounded.

He opened his eyes, but was confused when it was still dark after, not dark as in nighttime, but dark as in he couldn't see a thing.

After a moment he realised that he was tied to some sort of pole, and sat on what he guessed was a forest floor, if the sticks and rocks were anything to go by.

Testing the ropes he sighed, realising that the more he pulled, the tighter they got, which meant that escape was most definitely off the table.

His head snapped up when he heard footsteps, and they were close, and it was this that led him to realise that he couldn't see because he was blindfolded, which made him shudder... Where was he?

"You're awake then?"

Peter froze at the Calmoren accent... this was worse than he thought.

He stayed silent, not daring to say anything in reply to the man, and only swallowed hard, turning his head in the direction he guessed his captor was standing.

"Your hearing is good." The man complimented, but there was only anger behind the voice, not a real compliment at all.

Again, Peter stayed silent.

"Not saying anything eh?" The man murmured. "Don't worry, I'll get a sound out of you eventually."

Peter took a deep breath, shuddering once again, clearly this man wanted to hurt him, but he wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of a scream.

He heard the footsteps again, leaving him this time, before stopping only a few meters away. "I have a feeling that this one's awake too." He laughed.

Peter frowned, before he heard the sound of a kick, followed by a groan that he knew all too well.

Edmund...

Swallowing hard Peter took a deep breath, turning his head to the left and pulling slightly against the ropes, despite it not doing anything to help him.

"You see, young King." The man said, the direction of his voice telling Peter that he was now talking to him. "I said I would force a sound out of you eventually, but it will be a sound of desperation... a sound of pain, but not the physical kind of pain..."

Peter swallowed hard, taking a deep breath. "Your hurt him and I swear you will not live to see the morning." He growled.

"Peter...?" Came Edmund's worried whisper.

Peter could tell just by the tone of his brother's voice that he was also blindfolded, which means he wouldn't be able to see any of the pain coming, which broke Peter's heart in two. "Deep breath Ed." He choked, trying to sound convincing. "You're gonna be okay."

"See that is where you're wrong." Came the voice, before a thud reached Peter's ear, followed by Edmunds gasp of shock and pain.