202: One day

July 21st - Prompt: Don't you dare

-----------

Peter smiled a little as he sat reading on his bed, the rain falling heavily outside and tapping against the window, creating what he would say was the perfect atmosphere.

He'd been sat alone in his room for around an hour, and had been reading for half that time, before there was a knock at the door.

"Yeah?" He asked, lowering the Bible and glancing up at the closed door.

The door opened and Susan pocked her head in. "Mum says dinner's ready." She told him.

Peter nodded at her. "Give me two seconds." He replied. "I'll just finish this."

Susan glanced at the book. "What you reading?" She asked, walking over.

Peter took a deep breath. "The Bible." He said, voice firm.

Susan blinked. "The Bible?" She asked.

"Yes." Peter replied without any hesitation. "The Bible."

Susan seemed to shake her head and raise her eyebrows a little, before sighing. "Anyways, I'm off out now." She said. "I'll be back before midnight."

Peter didn't even bother asking where she was going or why she wasn't joining them for tea, he was used to that by now, but he did however sit up straight and ask: "What's so wrong about me reading the Bible?" He asked. "Isn't that what a Christian does?"

"You're a Christian?" Susan said, and she sounded somewhat amused.

"Yes, I am." Peter told her. "Edmund is too, and so is Lucy. That's just something you're gonna have to live with."

Susan was silent for a moment, before sighing. "I don't see why-"

"Don't you dare Susan." Peter cut her off. "I don't wanna hear it, if you're going out just go, don't stay here to bash what we all now believe in."

Susan raised an eyebrow at him, before shrugging. "Alright." She breathed, before standing. "I'll see you later I guess."

Peter nodded. "I'll see you later." He said flatly, turning back to his Bible.

He waited until Susan had left, before sighing sadly and running a hand over his face.

His and Susan's relationship hadn't been the best recently, they were so distant and they argued a lot.

He tried to talk to her of course, tried to have fun with her, invite her out, to church, for a walk, anywhere, but she was always doing something else or had something else planned, and Peter didn't know what to do.

It had gotten to the point where the two hardly spoke, and Peter hated it, but there wasn't anything he could do, because it was Susan that wasn't talking to him, not the other way around.

The only thing he could do though was pray, and he did, every night before he went to bed, he just hoped that it would work, and one day Susan would come to know Aslan by his real name, because every day she didn't, it broke his heart.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
Loosely inspired by Abby's recent one shot :)