Chapter 61 - Draco's Plight

Start from the beginning

"-Who are we talking about?!" Harriet hissed.

Ron abandoned all hopes of discretion as he stretched himself across the table to point at the broad-shouldered boy while he shouted, "THERE! That's him!.....That's......Viktor Krum!"

"Oh......Isn't he on Bulgaria's professional Quidditch team?" Harriet asked.

Hermione sighed in frustration while Ron looked at her as if she had struck him, "Bloody Hell, Harriet, yes! He's on Bulgaria's professional Quidditch team! If you had come to the World Cup this summer, you could have seen him in action! It was wicked, let me tell you, it was wicked!"

A frown of remorse passed over Harriet's fair face as she began to explain, "Yeah, well, my Mum and Dad-"

Dumbledore interrupted before she could finish.

The Golden Trio, along with everyone else, silenced themselves while Dumbledore spoke again, "-And in addition to our friends from Durmstrang, also joining us this year will be Madam Maxine and the lovely ladies of Beauxbaton."

Everyone looked towards the doorway once more to watch a tall, elegant, dark-haired woman enter the room.

Her beautiful robes were made from swirling velvet.

The fabric floated around her feet like sumptuous clouds as a group of lovely, lithe girls slipped into the Great Hall and sighed as blue butterflies appeared from their synchronized motions.

Ron's eyes widened as the Beauxbatons strolled past Gryffindor's table.

Hermione frowned but Harriet laughed as her best friend openly gawked at the curves highlighted by their silky, blue uniforms.

Across the room, Harriet couldn't care less that Draco didn't pay the Beauxbatons one bit of attention, unlike most of Hogwarts' other boys.

Instead of the rosy-cheeked, smiling beauties that skipped effortlessly down the middle of the Great Hall, Draco's grey stare bore into Harriet.

It terrified him to consider the real possibility Viktor Krum or another handsome delicacy from Durmstrang would catch her eye.

Severus and Lily glanced around while Dumbledore prepared to speak again, but while they kept their attention focused on the new students and Harriet, they failed to notice their son.

Fleur Delacour stood next to Madam Maxine with a proud smirk on her face as she gazed at the unglamourous pupils of Hogwarts and Durmstrang.

As she stood next to the headmistress, Fleur's sister, Gabrielle, looked around as well, but not with quite as much haughtiness as her older sibling.

Flawlessly beautiful, Gabrielle resembled a porcelain doll with her bright, blue eyes, fair hair, and smooth skin.

She could have easily looked at any boy, but her gaze landed on one with a hooked nose and greasy, black hair down to his shoulders.

Gabrielle's sapphire eyes glowed with admiration as she gave Ellery a warm, welcoming grin.

Unaccustomed to receiving any attention at all from girls, his sad frown fell away as a soft, shy smile dared to dance across his lips.

"It is every staff members' hope that our visitors this year....." Dumbledore began while everyone in the Great Hall quieted, "......Will usher in new friendships and teach us to appreciate those different from ourselves. The Triwizard Tournament itself is indeed an ancient competition filled with peril and excitement, conducted through three tasks of skill and finesse that end with one winner obtaining eternal glory and this....." Dumbledore paused while he walked over and pulled a draped shroud down from a tall post close to the High Table, "........The Triwizard Cup!"