"And what if they were attacked during that period? It’s not really a problem for men, but the goblins could attack woman and children who can’t defend themselves, you know!"

"Marcus really is kind to children. That’s why you didn’t argue with Yuna-san, right?"

"Shut up!"

Shia said something incredible.

Did that mean they considered me a child?

I was shorter than Shia and Cattleya, so I might look younger, but…

Treating me as a child just because I was short… I was shorter by only a bit you know!

Was this why I was always asked to stay put in the carriage when they were fighting the goblins?

"You also asked me to carefully protect Yuna-san…"

"Shia!"

Shia just laughed when Marcus shouted at her.

Was this for real?

Did that mean Marcus ordered Shia to protect me?

Well, Shia knew about my strength, so I was sure that she had no intentions of being my guard, but…the other three thought differently, right?

"Since I’m a girl, he nagged me to take care of you."

"………"

I never noticed such a conversation happening…

Was he possibly a tsundere?

I thought only girls could be one.

It wasn’t cute when a boy did it, you know.

Also, tsunderes were allowed only in the 2D world.

If you did it in the real world, nobody would realize, and you would just end up pissing people off.

"You don’t really have to be embarrassed, you know."

Shia seemed to be only teasing Marcus.

Was this something funny for those who knew about it?

To avoid further teasing, Marcus forcefully changed the subject.

"Anyway, if I run away from this now, I won’t be able to become a first rate knight like my father. I know that with my current skill, it would be impossible for me to subjugate those goblins alone. That’s why, I would like you to lend us the bears’ powers."

He said seriously.

"What would you do if I refused?"

"I would do anything, even get on my knees and beg you. If it’s to reduce the danger the villagers are in, doing that is nothing."

That wasn’t an answer.

He thought that if he kneeled and begged, I would accept?

Was he a brainless idiot?

Well, I was planning on accepting from the start, but I wanted to hear what he was thinking, so I continued to question him.

"Isn’t that something you should have done before accepting the subjugation? If I don’t accept, all of you will face danger, you know."

Sometimes, harsh words were needed too, right?

"I thought that if Shia said that she would come with me, you would use the bears."

"So, you thought I wouldn’t refuse for Shia’s sake?"

Marcus nodded in an honest manner.

He planned it in advance, huh?