Chapter 95

Hero

Filming scenes under the eyes of so many fans is something incredible and strange at the same time.
We're inside the hotel, in the bar area, getting ready for the scene where Hardin finds out who his father really is.

The fans who have come to see us are only a few metres away.
From the huge window of the room, I can see some of the crew trying to keep as quiet as possible, otherwise we won't be able to shoot any scenes today and that would be a big problem.

Castille seems to have the situation under control even though she goes here and there dictating instructions to everyone with a certain eagerness.
She's only a few years older than me and manages everything with incredible calm!

"Hero are you ready?"
I'm called back by Stephen who has already sat down at the bar table with a beer in front of him.

"It's a bit early for drinking, isn't it?" I smile, reaching for him.

He smiles back at me and signals me to sit not far from him.
"Castille keeps measuring the level of the beer but I swear I'm not drinking it!" He bursts out laughing "It's the foam that's going down!"

"Yes, yes...of course!" I tease him.

"Have you seen how many fans?" He turns to the glass window.

"Yeah...it's really a lot!" I still haven't gotten used to all this and maybe I never will!
It's all so strange! I am and feel like a very normal person, all this attention feels good but it's unbelievable!

"Is Jo okay?" He asks catching me by surprise.

"Yes, of course! Why?" I ask curiously.
Has something happened in the last few hours?

"I've seen her thoughtful these days, that's all..."

I sigh "Yeah... It's all resolved now!"
I hope... Especially if I don't do any other shit in the meantime!

"You guys are really cute together, you know?" He smiles lowering his gaze.

"Oh but we..."

"I know, I know... You guys are friends, right?" He smiles and I already know he's simply holding up my game.

"Yeah!" I lower my gaze unable to hold back a smirk that arises on my face.

"You better not advertise your... Friendship!" He points out "The world out there can be cruel. Beautiful things must be jealously guarded from prying eyes, especially those of perfect strangers!"

I sigh and run a hand through my hair.
"I totally agree!"

"You know years ago I was in love too... I mean, I was friends with one of my work colleagues!" He smiles wistfully "We did everything very lightly, thinking that the world wouldn't care about our love affairs, instead..."

"What happened?"

"Guys, let's get started!" Castille brings us back to order and we settle back in our chairs.

"I'll tell you calmly another time!" He whispers before looking down at his glass of beer again.

I am more and more convinced that the path we have taken is the right one.
We should keep our love only to ourselves and at most with those close to us, without flaunting it to the four winds!
She is too precious to me to risk losing her, again!

---------------------------------------------------

"Tonight's the West Ham game!" Exclaims Stephen beaming as we leave the set to finally go home.
"Do you want to watch it together in the common room?"