Chapter 44

Hero

The plane landed on time in Toronto.
I slept most of the time during the flight and now I feel a little confused.
It's 7pm, at least that's what it says on my cellphone, but I don't know what time it is anymore. Jet lag is always devastating.
Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse.
This is one of those times when it takes at least 3 days to get back up.
I'm not sleepy at all.
I feel like it's morning, not evening ...
The only thing I know for sure is that I'm hungry.

So hungry.

Can't wait to get to the hotel and order dinner.
I'm alone in this city, I don't know anyone.
Last time I was here it was with Jo, during the After promotion ...
I sigh as a smile pops onto my face naturally.

I miss her so much, I miss talking to her, being with her... I miss everything!
I know Mia doesn't really agree, but after filming I want to go to her in L.A, if only to see how she is.

Soon we will be together for 3 months in Bulgaria and I can't wait.
I hope I have clarified the situation at that point so there is a possibility that I can always be with her.

"Mr. Tiffin, welcome to Toronto!" The hotel receptionist greets me with a smile as I approach the counter.
Once the formalities are over, I take my room key and ask for room service.
I'm too stunned to even think about going down to the hotel restaurant.
I just need a shower.
I need her, but that's another story...

The room is large, nice and bright with large windows overlooking a small terrace.
I absentmindedly arrange the suitcase near the door and go to open the French window to admire the landscape.
I'll stay here at least 2 weeks, maybe a few more days, it depends on how the shooting goes.
I would say that the accommodation is not bad at all. I like it.
From the balcony the view is spectacular.
My room is on the seventh floor and I can see the whole city from above.
The lights along the streets and in the buildings are already on and the sun has almost completely set, making the atmosphere romantic.

I sigh leaning against the balustrade. Who knows what Jo will be doing now ...
Now the time difference between here and Los Angeles is smaller and we could call each other at more manageable times.
I run a hand through my hair, not knowing what to do to recover the relationship with Jo.
I made her find breakfast at home this morning, I literally bought everything ...
I placed my order last night, before embarking! But she didn't call me, she didn't even thank me...
Will it mean something? Maybe she doesn't want to hear me and threw it all away ...
Oh my God I hope not ...

Suddenly I remember turning off the phone and not turning it on yet.
I sigh again, thinking about the amount of notifications I will have now ...
If I had to answer everyone all the time, I would live with the phone constantly in hand ...
I'd like to avoid!
As expected, as soon as the cell phone resumes the line, it starts ringing due to notifications of any kind.
I absentmindedly scroll between Instagram and messages: nothing new.
They really tag me in any photo or video they post...
But one name stands out in my eyes among the missed calls:

Jo❤️

She called me!!!

I immediately look at the time: 4 hours ago.
I was on the plane!
I do a quick count of the time zone and it should be exactly when she found breakfast.
Damn.
She called me!
For real!
I have to call her back!
Now!
I nervously search for her name on my cell phone and press "call".

My heart beats at 2000 as if I were about to talk to my historical crush and that's a little bit like that.
Now we are so far away that it seems to me that I have to calibrate my every move, everything I say, as if I didn't really know it ...