Chapter 20 - Josephine

Josephine

Yes, I know...
I did it on purpose to put on this skirt and the high boots, the same ones I wore when we went to Paris for the After press tour and that drove Hero out of his mind!
Now more than ever I enjoy teasing him, exploiting his "weak" points if they can be called that...
Even just the face he made when he saw me, outside the door of the room where he was to do the interview, it was worth it!
In Paris, I think I made fun of him for at least a week, as he kept justifying himself in all possible ways, not wanting to tell me why he had had that reaction...
I honestly thought he had seen who knows which girl in the audience, since things were "strange" between us but nothing had actually happened yet...

I thought everything except that he was excited to see me in these high boots, really!
He saw me naked in practice and with every type of dress... but if I put on these boots, which by the way now that I think about it he gave me just him... he loses his head!

Did he give them to me for this reason? I'll have to ask him...
Now we are too far away to exchange a few words...
I voluntarily left before sending him to the asylum!
Before he almost started to hyperventilate and I laugh at the memory of him staring at me with wide eyes and gaping!

"So how long are you going to stay here in Palm Springs?" Ryan, a friend of Mia's, asks me.

"I still think a few days..." actually I don't know, in the upheaval of these days I have not had the opportunity to think about it...

"Are you coming to Coachella tonight?"

"Yeah... we have tickets for all three evenings!"

"Good to know..." he smiles at me

I look at him and I don't understand the reason for his answer, but I pretend nothing has happened...

"Is someone with you?" he asks after a while...
I turn around and look at him questioningly "In what sense, sorry?"

"Are you with anyone these evenings?" He smiles at me

I look around for Mia, but I suddenly remember she went out with Alex...

"Come on Ryan... you are shamelessly flirting!" a girl next to me teases him, if I'm not mistaken her name is Samantha...

"Sam It was a question, how exaggerated you are..." he looks down embarrassed, running a hand behind his neck ...
"Did I ask too much?"

"No, don't worry..." I smile at him as I think about how to answer and instinctively look at Hero who already has his eyes in mine...
I can't tell him I'm with him, I could tell half the truth though...

"Actually... I already have someone with me!" just don't specify who, right? "And then I didn't think we needed a companion for this kind of party, right? Let's all go together..."
I try to ease the tension that is gradually creating...

"It's true ..." He still smiles at me very embarrassed "It was just to... forget it!"

"He wanted to ask for a date!" Samantha intervenes again that I will never thank enough for intruding every time, so as to make everything less awkward...
We all laugh and I feel the need to get up and join Hero, now... Right now!

"Sorry, I have to go tell my friends over there..." I point to the table at the back and hurry to get up under Ryan's curious gaze.

I casually walk around the room and reach Hero, approaching him from behind while he is chatting with some guys sitting in front of him...
I immediately notice everyone's glances on me and smile in response, slightly embarrassed as they have all suddenly stopped talking...